Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland Oregon service is infuriating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all I'm not mad at tesla or my car.

I am however furious at the service scheduler, he completely wasted 2 days of my vacation.

I have a laundry list of things to fix which doesnt bother me, i knew what I was getting into buying such a revolutionary car.

being treated like total crap and being lied to, that's where I draw the line.

the scheduler told me they'd fix the main problem I called about (noisy FWD hinges) if i just dropped by in the next 2 days.

the service scheduler had me drive out (2 hours to the closest service center btw) only to turn me away both times.

The first time they turned me away because all the techs left an hour early.

The second time they turned me away telling me the problem would take longer to fix (I had sent a video of the noise, they knew the problem before I even drove out) and that the earliest they can fix the issue is over a month away, seriously WTF!

obviously there is more to the issue than im writing but the jist is, he should have just told me from the beginning that the earliest appointment is a month away and saved me the time driving out on my short vacation or they should have at least brought the damn car into their shop and looked at it like he told me they'd do if i brought it in.

I have honestly received better customer service at arby's ordering a sandwich.

who do I write at tesla to lodge a complaint about this guy?

Having moved to the Portland area, I was worried about leaving my great service center behind (Rocklin, CA). But I've had great service at the Portland center, too. (But shout out to the Rocklin guys - still miss you all!)

On the drive up from California, a large rock broke my Roadster windshield - the scheduler had an appointment for me, the glass on hand, and everything ready to go with minimal disruption to my trip. They also fixed a long-standing TPMS problem for me.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but it may be things happened outside his control - like techs leaving earlier than normal.

The thing i care most about is the noisy FWD hinge, the sound Is horrible, it's so bad I'm embarrassed to demonstrate the car to people because I don't want to discourage anyone from getting a tesla. plus it's getting worse.

I suspect that they forgot to grease the hinge, so I was expecting to be in and out in no time, but they wouldn't even bring it into the shop to inspect it, they just sent a guy out to listen to it which I can't imagine they learned anything new considering i sent a video demonstrating the issue.

I don't expect them to know my particular situation and why it was so hard coming out twice, I expect they'd just keep their word that if I came out, they'd do something , anything really at least try to pretend that you inspected it.

i live two hours away with good traffic a little more with bad traffic and it's far enough that i have to visit a super charger to make it back home so just a trip out there is at minimum a half day trip but ends up being a full day wasted, twice....

good service would have been if they took the car into the shop even for 10 minutes and then told me, im sorry but after closer inspection we'd like to have x amount of time to do the job right, I'd be fine with that, I'd bring it out a thousand times and be perfectly content.

To just turn me away after coming out twice, that is just horrible customer service!

Last edited: