Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Post: 25k miles in and I love my S100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I understand the rate of issues is probably higher than the rate of an established company, its still a very small percentage.
What do you mean by "very small percentage"? Less than 1%, less than 10%, less than 25%? Nobody but Tesla knows the percentages, do you have a source that confirms your claim that it's a "very small percentage"? We know it's a large enough percentage to justify to Tesla to refuse fixing things like yellow screens (unless the customer pays for it themselves) - if it was just a few cars, Tesla would have replaced the screens without affecting their bottom line. As for fixing cars after accidents, TMC has people post both positive and negative experiences, but it seems negative is higher percentage than positive. Unless you are like Elon or @OBX John and can simply buy a new Tesla every time your current Tesla needs collision repairs, and not worry about any depreciation or sales tax credit you might lose whenever your old one is fixed, you're not likely to experience positive collision repair.

What do you mean by "very small percentage"? Less than 1%, less than 10%, less than 25%? Nobody but Tesla knows the percentages, do you have a source that confirms your claim that it's a "very small percentage"? We know it's a large enough percentage to justify to Tesla to refuse fixing things like yellow screens (unless the customer pays for it themselves) - if it was just a few cars, Tesla would have replaced the screens without affecting their bottom line. As for fixing cars after accidents, TMC has people post both positive and negative experiences, but it seems negative is higher percentage than positive. Unless you are like Elon or @OBX John and can simply buy a new Tesla every time your current Tesla needs collision repairs, and not worry about any depreciation or sales tax credit you might lose whenever your old one is fixed, you're not likely to experience positive collision repair.

Dude - chill out. No I don’t have sources I’m speaking only anecdotally. We’re allowed to do that here. I’m just saying I had a good experience and everyone I have ever talked to outside of this forum has had good experiences.

I do not have percentages. Why on earth would you think that would be an appropriate response to my post? We’re all just having a good time posting positive anecdotes.

Obviously we know there are MANY (source needed) problems; serious problems. Us talking about our positive experiences in this thread does not negate the existence of others negative experiences. They are clearly outlined in other threads (source: TMC)

How about this. “The percentage of problems, from my observations to date, is very low”

Edit: I’ll do you one better since the existence of happy Tesla owners is apparently a stick in your rectum: I will create a survey and collect data and give you a percentage so you can relax about this thread and get some sleep.

Last edited:
Reactions: OBX John
Dude - chill out. No I don’t have sources I’m speaking only anecdotally. We’re allowed to do that here. I’m just saying I had a good experience and everyone I have ever talked to outside of this forum has had good experiences.

I do not have percentages. Why on earth would you think that would be an appropriate response to my post? We’re all just having a good time posting positive anecdotes.

Obviously we know there are MANY (source needed) problems; serious problems. Us talking about our positive experiences in this thread does not negate the existence of others negative experiences. They are clearly outlined in other threads (source: TMC)

How about this. “The percentage of problems, from my observations to date, is very low”

Edit: I’ll do you one better since the existence of happy Tesla owners is apparently a stick in your rectum: I will create a survey and collect data and give you a percentage so you can relax about this thread and get some sleep.

Don't know what it is with guys like WhiteX. Happiness makes them miserable I guess?

Somewhere there's a parade that needs some rain; hope he'll find it and leave us alone! :rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: Dan Baldwin

So, that would be a no, you don't have any meaningful data to support your small percentage claim.

Don't know what it is with guys like WhiteX. Happiness makes them miserable I guess?

Somewhere there's a parade that needs some rain; hope he'll find it and leave us alone! :rolleyes:
I was just curious how people stay positive with long service, parts, or Tesla refusing to fix obvious flaws. Now I know, just buy a new one instead of dealing with repair delays. Buying a new Tesla can be faster than getting in for a service appointment where I live. Makes sense now. You guys are Elon's dream customers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was just curious how people stay positive with long service, parts, or Tesla refusing to fix obvious flaws. Now I know, just buy a new one instead of dealing with repair delays. Buying a new Tesla can be faster than getting in for a service appointment where I live. Makes sense now. You guys are Elon's dream customers. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry you are so miserable and feel the need to spread it. Especially in a post labeled "positive". Sometimes we just need to feel good and not talk about the downsides. Goodbye.

I'm sorry you are so miserable and feel the need to spread it. Especially in a post labeled "positive". Sometimes we just need to feel good and not talk about the downsides. Goodbye.

This is just plain unfair. He is "so miserable" because he doesnt share your positive opinion ... seriously ? It seems you are also saying that because the post was labelled "positive" that no one should post anything that isn't positive ?

I am so happy with my '18 SP100D, but I feel like there are , IMO, too many customer unfriendly actions that Tesla are engaging in and these practices seem to be on the increase instead of the opposite. Nothing at all wrong about calling them out on it.

• Disagree
Reactions: OBX John