Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Roadside Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving down a side street in my town this morning, I saw a group of 10-year-old boys about 200 yards ahead on skateboards/scooters. One of them saw we coming, pointed at the car, then ran out into the middle of the road to wave me down. I had a brief but fun interaction with them that still has me smiling:

Fan #1: (as I roll down the window) This is that new Tesla, isn't it? It is beautiful.
Me: Thanks. Do you like it?
Fan #2: This car is so cool!
Me: Have you seen it at the Short Hills Mall? (we are about 3 miles away from the mall at this point)
All five boys nod their heads enthusiastically?
Fan # 3: How much did it cost?
Me: I'm not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot.
Fan # 4: Can I see the interior? (mouth agape as he takes a look at the touchscreen) That's a nice interior!
Fan # 3: My dad has a Ferrari, but this is way nicer.

A truck came up behind at that point, so I had to move on. But I definitely made their day, and they mine.

NJS1207, I am waiting for mine, went with the P85, 21 inch silver wheels, tan/obeche wood gloss interior, pano, air susp, tech, paint armor, sound and the reason why I am still waiting...the multi-coat red, lol. How long have you had yours and how has it been driving on Jersey roads? Snow? Potholes? Did you pick it up in Paramus or have it delivered to your house? How did you affix the front plate? And finally, (sorry for all the questions) may I ask with whom did you insure it with and the cost?

Hahaha, great story. A woman parked next to me asked me about the car as I was about to get in; I told her what it was and even though I'd said "a Tesla Model S," she asked who made it. I told her Tesla made it. She was like "oh, so it's foreign?" I said no, it's made in California. She gushed about how nice it looked and then made comments about how I looked with it--she said I "had the look" for this car. I was like WTF?! ;-) Very funny.

Someone at work said once he knew I had a Tesla, I went from cool (untrue) to god status, LOL. He had to choose between a baby and a Model S and he's jealous (in a friendly way).

People are funny. ;-)