Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Service App and Service Center Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard squeaking coming from the car the other morning. By the time I arrived home I wasn’t certain if I should continue driving the car. I put in a service request through the app and describe it as best I could. The service date on the app was over a week out and not at the closest service center either. Yes, you can pick service centers but they are date sorted, this one was the earliest. Awhile later I received a text from a virtual technicians asking if he could call me. We discussed the symptom and he scheduled me in for the next morning. Yes, the next morning!!

I arrived at the Service Center, car did not replicate the sound the entire 1 1/2hr drive. Ugh ohh. I told the service tech what I “had” been hearing. He said no problem we’ll check it. I took a walk, had coffee, grabbed some lunch and headed back. Car was done! The app was still showing 6pm and they had the car for ~2hrs. They replaced the Upper Control Arm. Unfortunately out of warranty but they covered it anyway, without me even discussing it. I also enjoyed a tour i.e.. a stand and point overview of the service area. Very cool.

No I don’t know Elon, No I don’t have a social media presence, No I’m not a billionaire or know important people. I’m just a regular Joe with a 2018 Model 3, AWD, FSD, HW3. I know others have slammed service with Tesla, I can only attest to my experience here in the northeast. I’ve had mobile service come out when I first purchased it and needed the tires rotated at the schedule time frame back then. I watched to see how they did it, and now I do it myself. I also had Mobile Service come out and fix a squeaky seat and that was great. Mobile service didn’t come the next day, but it was a squeaky seat, so it could be queued up.

What I did learn is there is a team of highly skilled virtual technicians who review the service requests after the initial date scheduling and they do the triage to make final determination. Mechanics / service technicians are sent out to CA for their training on the vehicles. I also learned the service center can remotely look at wheel alignment. Now if that is true or maybe it’s just industry standard now, (dating myself) it’s pretty cool. Bottom line, not all service center experiences are bad and mine have been overwhelmingly excellent.

In the over seven years I've been driving Teslas, I've yet to have a bad service experience. Most have been well above average (not that I've needed all that many since Teslas are mostly problem free). I believe the only significant issues are in California where there are many Teslas per service centre compared to elsewhere.

I always like hearing the good stories. I’ve had my car just over a year and 22k miles. Luckily haven’t needed service yet.

I remember a saying back when I wrenched for a living “a happy customer tells 1 person about their experience, a mad one tells 10”. That was before social media and such. I suspect it’s 1:100 now.