Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POSITIVE service experience to share LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my scheduled service to inspect the malfunctioning windshield washer came up this morning. My complaint before was it took a month wait to get it looked at (I trouble-shot based on what I can Google and still can't get the water to spray) in addition to the tech support call-back issue.

BUT the experience this morning has been very good. I arrived waaaaay before they were supposed to open at 9am just in case there is a line up of cars waiting for servicing. Around 8am, one of their reps (black Tesla golf shirt, maybe the delivery team?) saw me waiting outside and asked me what the issue was with my car. This is unexpected as most staff at any company, let alone car servicing, in HK would probably just chill and take a smoke and milk tea break before they officially open at 9am instead of helping.

I told him what the issue was and was surprised again that he immediately dived into the problem by checking the washer for me at 8am. When he confirmed the problem, he started checking the hoses under the hood (which I did before) for pinches in the washer line. After that, he went back inside and came out with some tools to open the cover in the driver side front wheel well fender to check the hoses there (this part I didn't try on my own before). The problem was delivery didn't remove a plug installed at Fremont factory for transport that plugs up the washer system. Once that was removed, the washer worked great!

All in all it took less than 20 minutes and I signed off and was back on my merry way half an hour BEFORE my scheduled appointment/official opening hours.

From this experience it seems Tesla HK has great and enthusiastic staff that WANTS to help customers. But there just isn't enough of them. Apparently they've been OTing every night for a long time now just to prep delivery cars; the worst was when they had 2 container ships coming in with new cars and all cars had to be prepped IN TWO DAYS.

In case your car is approaching its birthday, remember to book your annual service early. I tried to book for December but apparently it is already full and the earliest annual service appointment is mid January 2016.

In case your car is approaching its birthday, remember to book your annual service early. I tried to book for December but apparently it is already full and the earliest annual service appointment is mid January 2016.

Hopefully by next Oct they would have a second service center! Or authorize some sub-contractors; looking at the maintenance check list posted on the US sections, it's just to drain the coolant, bleed the brake fluids and replace with all other items just visual/mechanical inspection.

But obviously I guess that's a last resort as Tesla would want to keep that business; they say companies don't make money by selling cars, they make money through the after sales servicing.

Hopefully by next Oct they would have a second service center! Or authorize some sub-contractors; looking at the maintenance check list posted on the US sections, it's just to drain the coolant, bleed the brake fluids and replace with all other items just visual/mechanical inspection.

But obviously I guess that's a last resort as Tesla would want to keep that business; they say companies don't make money by selling cars, they make money through the after sales servicing.

Tesla has gone on the record that they make money by selling cars, not by after-sales servicing.
At least in Hong Kong, that seems to be true, as AFAIK, they still are not charging for the annual servicing! Of course, it's not like they do much as part of the servicing anyway!