Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Last week I feared the worst. Driving in the Bay Area, on Highway 280 I encountered a (concrete?) hose on the freeway. I was not able to change lanes due to other cars approaching from behind me, so I had to steer within my lane only, but I was not able to avoid impact. There was a loud bang, so I pulled over to inspect my tires. Luckily, no flats, so was able to drive home. Fearing there may have been impact to the battery compartment as well, I decided to make a service appointment. I also was not feeling a smooth drive anymore and I could hear a clicking noise when I turned far left...

Yesterday I dropped off my car, they inspected it, and found that the wheel was bent from the impact. Luckily, no impact to the battery enclosure either.

Wheel-Bent.png

I authorized them to replace the wheel, and asked if I should also replace the tire, but they said that was fine.

I expect the work to finish and get my car back today. The longest time in this process was waiting for the appointment date (I didn't want to drive it until they looked at it). All in all, a very smooth process.