Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

positive thread regarding Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had nothing but good experiences with my Tesla Service Center in Devon, PA. I had some issues, but I never come to them with a problem that's intermittent in nature or that I have not (at least somewhat) diagnosed.

I have never had to fight for warranty replacement or for them to do what is logical. They have always been quite amenable to logic.
I always wonder about Devon. I took a test drive there and asked about maintenance/service and he said it takes a couple weeks to get in... that was back in 2017.
I never see the drop off lines, no chaos type of stuff, but the service lot is always chock full of owner cars.

I have had service scheduled at Devon and less than a week to get a spot. Just had the mobile service show up today to fix a partial closing charge port door. I have owned other luxury brands and so far Tesla beats them all. Sure some folks have a bad experience but I have only heard of good experiences.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 69
I always wonder about Devon. I took a test drive there and asked about maintenance/service and he said it takes a couple weeks to get in... that was back in 2017.
I never see the drop off lines, no chaos type of stuff, but the service lot is always chock full of owner cars.

I think they just put their head down and get to work. Usually the most productive teams aren’t the ones running around like the sky is falling...

Living three hundred miles from a service center gets us mobile service - we have a mobile tech coming up tomorrow from the SF Bay Area to do a minor repair of a door seal. We have been impressed with Tesla's mobile service techs and service for the last three years. The ranger coming tomorrow called this morning to make sure he was prepared to deal with the minor problem. We did get to recommend lunch at OCO Time in Ukiah on the way up the coast (about 2 blocks from the Ukiah supercharger). We are quite pleased with Tesla service.

Tesla mobile technician arrived late yesterday to repair the door seal on our 2016 X. The seal required removal of the door panel, and some tricky maneuvering on his part to get the pieces to align, and the strip covering the glue to come off after placement. Our technician was thoughtful, fun to discuss Tesla with (we had discussions about car companies vs software companies), and very proficient. All in all, it was a wonderful service experience. Fun possibility discussed: mobile service for our three year regular service - since no fluids need changing, this may be okayed. It will save us a trip to the Bay Area.

The local service team here in Dallas has always given me fantastic service and it's a big reason why I love my ownership experience. Two recent examples: I came across the uncorking performance thread for 100D models and wondered if my vehicle might qualify. After calling to ask about the uncorking, I received a call from Tesla engineering whom performed the service OTA so I wouldn't have to bring my car into the center. The second example is I had some type of problem in the software that showed up while charging my car and so used the phone app to schedule a service visit. I received emails and calls quickly asking for more detailed information about the strange occurrance. After answering their questions, they pulled logs of my car to identify the error and then cleared out whatever caused the problem before calling me back to explain what happened and how they resolved it. Again, all of this happened over the air and without a service visit. Love our Tesla and can't say enough positive things about their service team.

• Informative
Reactions: JimVandegriff
I also had nothing but good Tesla service so far, granted I only had a real problem once when the center screen went black on my MS. Tesla ranger came within 2 days and replaced it in my garage, no time wasted for me! The car was still drivable without climate and other controls though. My other maintenance visits were simply the best at the Denver service, even better then my prior Porsche's. Tesla even replaced one handle without my complaint or request under warranty as "it was self-presenting a little slower."

While traveling across the country I required important emergency service on my out of warranty Model S (damage caused by a faulty windshield install that Safelite did in Vancouver, WA). I took my car to the Indianapolis, Indiana service center. I had a deadline to maintain in order to make it back to Washington for work. The service center staff, especially Brandon, moved heaven and earth to expedite the needed parts and get me back on the road in time to meet my deadlines (I needed a windshield replacement and a new module). I got the car back 2 days later and couldn't be more pleased with the service quality and expediency I received. This is the best service experience I've ever received in 20 years of driving. Indianapolis service center rocks!

P.S. - Thanks to Tesla's report, my insurance billed Safelite for the damage caused by their faulty windshield install instead of me. Walked away from the whole experience very pleased.

Hope I do not get reported for saying something positive, my service center in San Rafael has been great. Have been using them since 2013 and every visit has been the best, even when parts were not readily available. When I have issues they look at the logs and sometimes can fix them over the air, if not might send a mobile up or makes an appointment, bring the car in and get a loaner.

My wife and I took our 2016 Model X P90D in for 50K service today at Tesla's Denver Evans service center.
This is the old original service center.
Appointment was for 830am. Arrived at 815am. A rep immediately greeted us, by name, and did a quick walk around to check for any damage then told us to meet with the service agent.
The service agent reviewed our list of concerns (all very minor) then made copies of my driver license and insurance card and gave us keys to a loaner X.
Total time from parking our car to leaving in the loaner was less than 10 minutes.
I fully expected the service work to take 1-2 days, but was completed same day by 4pm.
Total time to pickup our Tesla was again less than 10 minutes.
The Denver Evan's service center was very well run and organized.
This was by far our best service center experience.
Highly recommend the Evan's service center.

• Informative