Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Positive Trade in Offer

Hey Y’all

Wanted to share a positive experience with the Tesla trade-in process.

I’m picking up a MYLR next Friday and will be trading in a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I initially assumed I’d be going thru Carvana as they gave me a $30,500 offer. Well, to my surprise Tesla offered me $31,500.

I know the feedback is usually that Carvana and others always win, so I thought I’d share this one outlier.

Mrbrock

Mar 26, 2020
Walla Walla, WA
Lucky you! I checked what Tesla would offer for my 2020 M3 if I were to trade in on a Y and it was $6k less than Carvana (27.5 vs 33.5). And we know Tesla will throw FSD on and resell for over 40k. This from a company that won’t let you buy your M3 at the end of your lease because they want a robo taxi fleet. Seems like they should spend a little more on trade ins of their own vehicles.

Ejl80

Dec 23, 2017
Nj
Lucky you! I checked what Tesla would offer for my 2020 M3 if I were to trade in on a Y and it was $6k less than Carvana (27.5 vs 33.5). And we know Tesla will throw FSD on and resell for over 40k. This from a company that won’t let you buy your M3 at the end of your lease because they want a robo taxi fleet. Seems like they should spend a little more on trade ins of their own vehicles.
Tesla offered 6k over Carvana for me. Weird.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC