Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Trade in Offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Y’all

Wanted to share a positive experience with the Tesla trade-in process.

I’m picking up a MYLR next Friday and will be trading in a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I initially assumed I’d be going thru Carvana as they gave me a $30,500 offer. Well, to my surprise Tesla offered me $31,500.

I know the feedback is usually that Carvana and others always win, so I thought I’d share this one outlier.

Lucky you! I checked what Tesla would offer for my 2020 M3 if I were to trade in on a Y and it was $6k less than Carvana (27.5 vs 33.5). And we know Tesla will throw FSD on and resell for over 40k. This from a company that won’t let you buy your M3 at the end of your lease because they want a robo taxi fleet. Seems like they should spend a little more on trade ins of their own vehicles.

Lucky you! I checked what Tesla would offer for my 2020 M3 if I were to trade in on a Y and it was $6k less than Carvana (27.5 vs 33.5). And we know Tesla will throw FSD on and resell for over 40k. This from a company that won’t let you buy your M3 at the end of your lease because they want a robo taxi fleet. Seems like they should spend a little more on trade ins of their own vehicles.
Tesla offered 6k over Carvana for me. Weird.

Also got quotes from Tesla, Carvana, Vroom, etc. Tesla is the lowest. I don't blame them, since they're not making any money off the trade ins. They're just pushing volume of teslas and that's totally cool by me.