TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Possessed Drivers Seat

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ltgfrk, May 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ltgfrk

ltgfrk Member

i have a classic P85 built in late 2012. For the most part it's been trouble free. However, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the driver power seat would make clicking sounds and move slightly by itself back and forth. This would happen mostly as I was leaving my neighborhood. More recently, there have been three instances where the seat has moved while I've been driving and its moved a good inch or more, enough that it pops up on screen asking if I want to save or restore the seat position. It's to the point now where it's gotten a bit dangerous and I'm going to call tesla on Monday. Just curious if anyone else has had or heard of this problem?

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Mine moves and makes clicking noises as well. It hasn't ever moved enough to trigger the profile like yours, but I am taking mine in on the 22nd.

Service Center seemed pretty familiar with the issue when I told them about it on the phone.

3. chloedog

chloedog Member

I have a model x and mine does exactly the same thing. I had the seat switches replaced but it didn’t fix the issue. Let me know what you find out when you bring it into your SC.

4. ltgfrk

ltgfrk Member

For mine, it turned out to be a problem with the plastic cover that's on the side of the seat. It was moving which caused it to slightly bump the seat control buttons. They told me it was a common problem with the early models. I don't know what exactly caused it to be problematic after 4 1/2 years though. The car has much bigger and unrelated problems now, so I actually haven't driven it much after the seat problem was fixed.