Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible (but unlikely) Model 3 Production Delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may not be due to Tesla this time. :eek:

Tesla is confident it will get Model 3 production lines in time despite strike threats

According to Tesla it's unlikely to cause production delays.

There’s still a chance for a strike, but Tesla is confident that even if it does happen, it will not affect the production of the Model 3. If IG Metall calls for a strike, it will not affect all employees and Tesla also has people from California in Prüm to help with the final preparations to deliver the inverter production lines.

So what's the relationship between the click-bait title of this thread and the content of the article that you've quoted and linked to?
Model 3 production might be delayed if a strike a Tesla Grohmann by IG Metall delays the delivery/installation of the inverter production lines, ergo, "Possible Model 3 Production Delay".

I reported my first post and asked for "(but unlikely)" to be added to the title to clarify things. Realistically, I don't know if a delay is likely or unlikely, but I understand there's a lot of ridiculousness around Tesla commentary.

Yipes! Watch out Tesla! Move over Tesla!

Odds are there won't be delays, but I think Elon's involvement implies that risk is there. I was shocked that Tesla itself wasn't responsible for delays. ;)

Last edited:
The article says that Tesla has employees from California at the plant as well that could finish the assembly lines if need be, but I imagine if it came to this that move would further deteriorate relations with unionized employees, especially since one of their negotiation points is job security.

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
The article says that Tesla has employees from California at the plant as well that could finish the assembly lines if need be, but I imagine if it came to this that move would further deteriorate relations with unionized employees, especially since one of their negotiation points is job security.
Yeah, Tesla should (fingers crossed) be able to get the inverter production lines to CA soon, assuming they haven't already. At the same time, I don't know if the Tesla employees there could finish the assembly lines if they were/are unfinished, or if they're just there to help with delivery.

I reported my first post and asked for "(but unlikely)" to be added to the title to clarify things. Realistically, I don't know if a delay is likely or unlikely, but I understand there's a lot of ridiculousness around Tesla commentary.

Odds are there won't be delays, but I think Elon's involvement implies that risk is there. I was shocked that Tesla itself wasn't responsible for delays. ;)

Cool. I'd read the article the day before, so I was familiar with the risks and what appears to be Tesla's contingency plan. The thread title didn't seem to match the content of that article, and you know how panic alarms work around here whenever there's a thread with potential to mysteriously become "news" elsewhere... ;)

• Informative