Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible drivers seat issue model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last handful of times I have been getting in the car to sit down I have felt my rear hit metal which I did not used to. At first I thought it was just a one off but on further investigation or at least it feels like it to me I can feel 2 bolts through the seat I did not used to feel when getting in. The photo is marked where I can feel them now as I sit down into the seat. Picture taken from google not my car just to show the location, you cant see anything external. I wondered if anyone would be so kind to have a check when you get into your model 3 if you can feel these bolts right under the seat. As I said its something that has hit just before the lock down in the comfort area, felt it last night while checking for an update getting in. Red dots mark the spot. Car is at 4188 miles of use. If there is any home remedy... but I couldn't see anything to move back into place.
2019-tesla-model-3-front-seats.jpg

Reactions: SlimJim
I don't feel any protrusions in the areas you highlight, but I often feel like my left thigh / butt cheek is moist when the seat is completely dry.

Interesting, you see its like the top of 2 bolts as if lately they have pushed through. I wondered if they were in like a standard area if pressure was applied but in my case somehow pushed through the lining or padding that is meant to be there. Appreciate you trying and maybe with some more feedback add this to the service. Always sit in it careful.

I haven't felt any bolts but that part of seat feels like it is getting lower and lower.
And the 1 mm shift upon acceleration is now felt more frequently and even when the car is not moving and when I shift my position.

I also don’t feel them in my seats

Appreciate the feedback. I have just given it a couple of tries so when I sit in the car my rear def hits solid bottom. Used to feel just padded. I put the seat through its range of motion just in case. Now I was wrong on the picture on the position. I sat in there and right under my legs on the top seam each side is well I used to term bolt but they could be joints or clips but they have a point and I think that is what I end up sitting on sometimes. Btw I have not gained if anything lost weight. So the position I feel the lumps should I call it in the revised pic but for the drivers side. Right on the seam in 2 places. Nothing seems out of place btw I only assumed by the feel its pushing through more. Passenger side I do not feel it. To be honest I didn't want to get out again so comfy....

In fact any way to get one of these seats as a computer chair?

tesla-model-3-front-seats.jpg