TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Possible Dublin, Ohio Supercharger site

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by cgrubbe, Apr 1, 2018.

1. cgrubbe

cgrubbe Member

Was out and about this evening and noticed some construction taking place in the corner of the Sawmill Rd Meijer parking lot. Nothing Tesla specific, but a bunch of conduit buried along a strip of parking spots all going to the same spot says electric car charging infrastructure of some type to me, so make of it what you will. I’m hoping it’s the coming in 2018 Dublin, Oh pin on the Supercharger map.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

There's only one electric car charging station network in operation that I know of with that size and layout.

• Like x 2
  3. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I'd lay at least 10 to 1 on that being a supercharger. Nice find!

@BlueShift

• Like x 1
  4. Vip

Vip Member

It has been on the Tesla Supercharger map as "coming soon" for the last 1-2 months. I was just wondering where they were going to put it.
    Thanks for the discovery.
    It appears that Tesla is also going to put one near Polaris.

5. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I thought this was going in at Polaris, but I'm cool with both.

Also, this is near a chicfilet, so basically this is the best placement of a supercharger ever.....

6. supratachophobia

No work today, too wet. IMG_20180402_113256.jpg

7. Dublin 'Eer

Dublin 'Eer Member

I believe both Dublin and Polaris were on the 2018 new Supercharger list.

8. Vip

Vip Member

The Dublin site says coming 2018. The Polaris used to say "coming soon" but looks like they changed it to target opening for end of 2018.
    It looks like they want to build a supercharger downtown by the end of year too!

• Like x 1
  9. Dublin 'Eer

Dublin 'Eer Member

Vip, what site are you using? I haven’t been able to find one giving the estimated time frames.

10. Vip

Vip Member

I have insider information!!! ;)
    Find Us | Tesla

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. Vip

Vip Member

Just saw that they want to put one up in Sandusky!!! That would be great when going to Cedar Point!!

12. Dublin 'Eer

Dublin 'Eer Member

Yea, that would fill a gap and help a lot.

• Like x 1
  13. jjchan

jjchan Member

View attachment 292328 View attachment 292329 Went to the construction site today, again, no much happened. A lot of pipes (conduits). A Meijer employee who was out collecting shopping carts flagged me down and told me "they're building a charger for your car!" He told me a worker that was there told him that. So that counts as another verification that it's a supercharger.

14. jjchan

jjchan Member

IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0468.JPG

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. jjchan

jjchan Member

First time posting pics, sorry!

• Like x 1
  16. Vip

Vip Member

I am afraid given the very close proximity to the restaurants (as seen in the pics above) these spots are going to be ICE'd a lot. I hope the signage they put up will be strict in about no parking other than charging.

17. supratachophobia

Ton of rain this week. And the permit is registered to a 419 area code so these guys may not even be local. Trying to get in touch with the crew to take them lunch though.

18. cgrubbe

cgrubbe Member

There is plenty of parking in the lot meant for the restaurants. Before they started building this I never saw anyone parked in these spots. This is separated by a driveway and is in the corner of a big box retail store lot.

• Like x 1
  19. kid4

kid4 New Member

Glad to see everyone else has the same suspicions about this being the Dublin Supercharger. I just bought a 2014 Model S CPO in February and this would be much more convenient than Grove City until I get a NEMA 14-50 installed in my garage as part of a new driveway install. That is delayed until the weather improves. Hopefully this gets done before my driveway project!

20. KArnold

KArnold Member

Supercharge.info now lists it as "under construction" and "status: construction 15 days". Not sure if the latter means 15 days until they anticipate being done? Or if that is their effort to date.

Screenshot_20180418-003255.png