Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dublin, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW:

Your mission, should you choose to accept....
Our Columbus Service Center is on the precipice of delivering a record number of cars as we near the end of quarter. In case you didn't see Elon's tweet, existing owners have been invited to come out and help make those new owners' delivery experience even better.

• Our Goal: For existing Club Members to help ensure new customers taking delivery feel safe and confident with the operation of their vehicle once they’re ready to leave. More specifically, engaging them in dialog/conversation to address some of the nuances of electric car ownership they may not already be familiar with.
  • It's been determined that while the delivery teams are fantastic, most of them are not owners themselves. And with 2,3, 4+ deliveries an hour scheduled, we want to help.
  • If you are interested in meeting new owners and helping answer questions (or suggest answers to questions they didn't know to ask), please join me in volunteering this coming Thursday, Friday, or Saturday for just a couple hours on a day of your choosing.
  • Deliveries are heaviest in the morning and especially all day Saturday. Our hope is to provide just a couple of members, at various times of the day, to confirm charging situations, show new owners commonly used features on the touchscreen, and just be generally friendly since Tesla ownership is the best ownership.
If you are interested, please email me back with a time that works for you. Please do not feel obligated to help if you already have prior commitments; this is completely voluntary. However, I will say that I have batches of discount codes for Tesla Store merchandise slowly rolling in from Tesla corporate for owners registered with our club. There are enough for everyone and I was going to disperse them as I see you all... but if you want them first, this delivery event is the place to get them!

And as a way to celebrate the completion of the quarter, we'll be holding a lunch at the Dublin Supercharger on Monday, October 1st. Hopefully as many new owners as can make it, will show up with us!

Just left the center, their trucks with tomorrow's deliveries have not arrived so they won't need help tomorrow.

1CF3B13C-5C8C-41BB-9202-12EF27A80813.jpeg
9A79CBE1-8673-4CF0-9E18-C1B03113FEAB.jpeg

Update from my walk today:

I interpret the trash bags over all the Superchargers a continuation of the incorrect voltage being supplied by AEP. According to the Tesla Tech, Mark, Tesla requires the 3 phase circuits to be adjusted from 290 to 277 volts. This is easily accomplished by adjusting the input tap in the green transformer by a notch or two.

I saw trash bags over Supercharger monoliths in Rawlings, WY last month and also blue painters tape wrapped around a metro charger in Lynnwood, WA so this is not out of the ordinary.

Until the Tesla navigation map displays the lightning bolt for Dublin, it’s wise to not use it lest something goes poof in the car charging circuit.

Hopefully someone knows someone at AEP to expedite adjusting the input tap on the transformer so the Supercharger can be used by all.

1003C5E8-0B34-46E5-BB1E-AA80BFF4171B.jpeg

The Supercharger monoliths still have trash bags over them.

The Tesla navigation map still does not have the lightning bolt showing the location and open status. PlugShare does not show it open. Supercharge.Info unfortunately shows it open.

This Model X decided to ignore the obvious and charge their car.

Reactions: PStewart
View attachment 338952

The Tesla navigation map still does not have the lightning bolt showing the location and open status. PlugShare does not show it open. Supercharge.Info unfortunately shows it open.

Come on man, that's not the smartest move ...

Reactions: Vip
View attachment 338952

I am sorry this person is a moron and very selfish because rules don't apply to him!

69F37BE6-4112-424B-BB56-2345C062E134.jpeg

@BlueShift should we consider this location as temporarily closed

Attachments

• 5002B76C-D82D-45DC-92A2-76683B65F0B2.jpeg
    5002B76C-D82D-45DC-92A2-76683B65F0B2.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 45
  • A78F515D-6D5A-4907-B373-7C1D4DCDD597.jpeg
    A78F515D-6D5A-4907-B373-7C1D4DCDD597.jpeg
    611.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 0F36D95D-3021-4253-A065-9F59E9E9D123.jpeg
    0F36D95D-3021-4253-A065-9F59E9E9D123.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 55
View attachment 338952

Nice move Model X. Enjoy your fried charging port. Likely not a covered warranty expense. Idiot

Are you the one with clippers cutting the rope to make it look like it was open???

Nope. In the oddest twist of fate, me and another owner were hanging out chatting after our lunch, and lo and behold, a Tesla employee showed up to remove the bags and announce it was officially open. Apparently AEP was out Monday morning to adjust the voltage and everything is good now. They even brought a 3 of their own to test with.

Edit: I would like to mention that it was my scissors being used, so in a way, we did get to "cut the ribbon" so to speak. More like duct tape though....