Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not going to try another winter trip to Montreal from Toronto with my 70D until this Brockville Supercharger opens... I guess there's no updates ?

Cornwall SC is sucky. It's quite far off the 401 and I've seen locals ICE the spots during an event at the hotel.. Superchargers don't make much sense at a hotel. And it's the only SC where I've found the whole thing powered off (thankfully it came back online within an hour or so as the only other free charger in town is slowwww).

i lost 140 kms of range on the 417 yesterday.
if anybody sees it on the side of the road- -- please let me know!
I was terrified coming back from Montreal last year, skipping Cornwall. Drove 80 with my flashers for last few kms on the 401... but maybe this is going to help us ? Apparently they just improved the cold weather range estimates:
https://electrek.co/2019/01/24/tesla-range-prediction-algorithm-temperature-data/#more-82905

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I am not going to try another winter trip to Montreal from Toronto with my 70D until this Brockville Supercharger opens... I guess there's no updates ?

Not in winter at least, we barely made it home with 8 km left, by skipping both Cornwall and Pointe-Claire, but in Spring or Summer, you’d be fine

• Disagree
Reactions: RedOctober
Yes, Brockville Supercharger is taking much too long to have built. The supercharger team must be getting a number of obstacles thrown into their paths. Not sure why this is so much of a headache for them. I mean it seems that building gas stations, it doesn't seem to be so difficult; and those projects always have a collateral damage component of environmental pollution. There is no gas station that does not have gasoline/diesel or oils, etc leech into the ground where it is contructed. It is guaranteed to happen. With a supercharger site, that is not even a possibility. It is a much cleaner install for the environment and stays that way - period. Municipalities and large commercial landowners should be jumping at the chance to have a supercharger and also some FLO chargers and even the new Electrify Canada chargers go up in their local. Especially where there are shops and restaurants. To me it is a no-brainer. There must be some really bad myths and miss-information at the hands of these municipalities and landowners for why they are hesitant. Let's hope information gets carried to them and the sunlight shines on them. there seems to be no reason why a site can have "permit" status for hundreds of days.

Doing the Toronto - Montreal - Toronto trip this weekend. Leaving Toronto on Sunday to Montreal, and then turning around Monday morning to head back to To with no overnight / indoor charging in Montreal.

While I can "comfortably" make the trip, I am undecided whether to follow the conventional charging stops / Kingston (worried about hitting Kingston SC on Sunday at about noon which can be prime parking lot / SC congestion time) and Cornwall (I find Cornwall too far off the main road). I have been experimenting with abetterouteplanner and charging longer in Kingston, skipping Cornwall and going to Point Claire, but this still makes me stop in Kingson, and with the possibility of slower charging rates, the longer charge I would need to get to skip Cornwall and go to Point Claire may off-set the extra time needed to go off the road and get to Cornwall.

Stopping at Belleville is likely stopping "too early" for my first stop.

I have a feeling I may have to adjust and plan on the fly.

Doing the Toronto - Montreal - Toronto trip this weekend. Leaving Toronto on Sunday to Montreal, and then turning around Monday morning to head back to To with no overnight / indoor charging in Montreal.

While I can "comfortably" make the trip, I am undecided whether to follow the conventional charging stops / Kingston (worried about hitting Kingston SC on Sunday at about noon which can be prime parking lot / SC congestion time) and Cornwall (I find Cornwall too far off the main road). I have been experimenting with abetterouteplanner and charging longer in Kingston, skipping Cornwall and going to Point Claire, but this still makes me stop in Kingson, and with the possibility of slower charging rates, the longer charge I would need to get to skip Cornwall and go to Point Claire may off-set the extra time needed to go off the road and get to Cornwall.

Stopping at Belleville is likely stopping "too early" for my first stop.

I have a feeling I may have to adjust and plan on the fly.

Just did this trip again last weekend. Stopped at Belleville and Cornwall both ways. I usually try to make it to Kingston directly on the way back from Montreal. But I wasn't fully charged on the way back, and went to Cornwall, instead of charging at Point-Claire with snowflake icon. Charging was still a little slow in Cornwall as battery must have still been a little cold.

Belleville is great because close to highway and 20 chargers. Cornwall is off the road which is bad since you lose maybe 15-20 minutes getting to it and back, but Kingston is usually busy on long weekends and Cornwall is not busy, most I've ever seen there was 3 cars this time, so I wanted to avoid the possibility of waiting in line for a charger at Kingston.

I have model 3 AWD and I can make Belleville to Cornwall or vice versa with 90% charge up to around -10C (might need to adjust speed/heater controls once it gets that cold or colder).

Belleville is great because close to highway and 20 chargers. Cornwall is off the road which is bad since you lose maybe 15-20 minutes getting to it and back, but Kingston is usually busy on long weekends and Cornwall is not busy, most I've ever seen there was 3 cars this time, so I wanted to avoid the possibility of waiting in line for a charger at Kingston.

I have model 3 AWD and I can make Belleville to Cornwall or vice versa with 90% charge up to around -10C (might need to adjust speed/heater controls once it gets that cold or colder).

I like the idea of skipping Kingston to avoid the risk of having to wait for a charger, - but the only way I can skip Kingston (from Toronto to Montreal) is by charging at Belleville. So I need to commit to skip Kingston long before I get to Kingston so I can stop at Belleville (and before I can get a realistic sense of how busy Kingston might be when I get there). Once I roll past Belleville, that pretty much means I am committing to stopping at Kingston, wait or no wait. I also really don't like the 15 - 20 minute getting to and back to use Cornwall.

I like the idea of skipping Kingston to avoid the risk of having to wait for a charger, - but the only way I can skip Kingston (from Toronto to Montreal) is by charging at Belleville.

in a model 3 with big battery you can't make cornwall? Or are you just saying you don't want to go to Cornwall so you'd have to go to kingston or belleville?

I'd have thought Cornwall was a breeze for you. I hate how far it is from the 401 though. Nice and close to the border or americans popping over for a bit of discounted shopping.

in a model 3 with big battery you can't make cornwall? Or are you just saying you don't want to go to Cornwall so you'd have to go to kingston or belleville?

I'd have thought Cornwall was a breeze for you. I hate how far it is from the 401 though. Nice and close to the border or americans popping over for a bit of discounted shopping.

I have the big battery model 3 but with AWD so that reduces the efficiency. I can barely make it from Belleville to Cornwall in the winter (86% of battery used between the two on Christmas eve, last year, 251km). There's no way I could make it from Toronto to Cornwall (433km). I think in summer driving 100km/h with AC off I could do it.

I usually stop at Belleville and Cornwall.

As a side note the furthest I've ever driven was Belleville to Montreal 359km 92% of battery used at 12C temperature averaging 117 km/h.

I have the big battery model 3 but with AWD so that reduces the efficiency. I can barely make it from Belleville to Cornwall in the winter (86% of battery used between the two on Christmas eve, last year, 251km). There's no way I could make it from Toronto to Cornwall (433km). I think in summer driving 100km/h with AC off I could do it.

I usually stop at Belleville and Cornwall.

As a side note the furthest I've ever driven was Belleville to Montreal 359km 92% of battery used at 12C temperature averaging 117 km/h.
got it. Didn't realise cornwall was that far from toronto,l wow.

359 kms on 92% of about 75 kwh = 359 on 69 kwh = 192 wh/km. Must have been speeding :) .