Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a reason this thread has the 'offical, confirmed' title setup when the brockville supercharger isn't even under construction or anything yet? Keeps fooling me (not hard) into thinking it's up and running when I look in here every 3 months.

is there a reason this thread has the 'offical, confirmed' title setup when the brockville supercharger isn't even under construction or anything yet? Keeps fooling me (not hard) into thinking it's up and running when I look in here every 3 months.
The Mississauga thread is at 19 pages and it isn't under construction yet either.

Where does it say "official" or "confirmed?"
Nowhere.

Anyway the title of supercharger threads once they're officially under construction etc has been
Supercharger - City, Province

Generally before they reach construction or are officially happening the threads have not used this format. Threads have been edited away from that format in the past in fact when just speculation etc.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Nowhere.

Anyway the title of supercharger threads once they're officially under construction etc has been
Supercharger - City, Province

Generally before they reach construction or are officially happening the threads have not used this format. Threads have been edited away from that format in the past in fact when just speculation etc.
The thread title depends on two things:

1) the title chosen by the OP

2) whether or not the sub-forum moderator decides to change that title

I don't think having a thread title in the form you are speaking of is unusual for a supercharger that is not yet completed. But I do know that in the California superchargers forum for example, the moderator goes through and alters the thread titles for clarity (permit, under construction, etc. along with how many stalls, v2, v3, etc.). If you wish to change the title of this thread, you should contact the moderator of the Canada superchargers sub-forum.

I am very often going on Parkedale between North Augusta and Stewart or Ormund. Still no sign of supercharger, but I also am only really looking from the road.
I finally see above that it is at 1942 Parkedale (Starbucks mall) so will check more thoroughly soon.

I’d like to add another reason why this supercharger is important that hasn’t been mentioned.
I live in Ottawa and often work in Brockville. I know several others that do the same. I know it seems backwards! Anyway, some of them are looking for a new vehicle.
I can’t in good conscience recommend the SR+ Model 3 without the supercharger there because of winter range loss issues. Getting from Ottawa to Brockville and back without charging in worst possible conditions would be way too close for comfort without a charger there.

So here is to hoping it starts construction soon!

Reactions: Lex
Aside from the fact that the supercharger at Kingston is typically a zoo, the Brockville supercharger's importance and strategic positioning became abundantly clear yesterday. I drive an M3 SR+, live in Prince Edward County, and had a wedding to attend in Kemptville (243kms away). Charged at home to 99%, stopped in Kingston (too close) and topped back up from 78% to 95% expecting to charge at an L2 for an hour before the wedding. The L2 was out of service so we went to plan B and would charge at an L2 in Brockville on the way home. Arrived Brockville near midnight, charged at 30A/30kms per hour and picked up enough charge to make Kingston SC + 15kms. Drove 100km/h then 95km/h watching the 15km buffer erode as we drove. Arrived Kingston SC at 1% SoC (5kms remaining) at about 1AM. This was WAY to close for comfort, and absolutely would not have been achieveable in winter. Anyone on this forum have any pull with Elon? Brockville SC can't happen soon enough.

Aside from the fact that the supercharger at Kingston is typically a zoo, the Brockville supercharger's importance and strategic positioning became abundantly clear yesterday. I drive an M3 SR+, live in Prince Edward County, and had a wedding to attend in Kemptville (243kms away). Charged at home to 99%, stopped in Kingston (too close) and topped back up from 78% to 95% expecting to charge at an L2 for an hour before the wedding. The L2 was out of service so we went to plan B and would charge at an L2 in Brockville on the way home. Arrived Brockville near midnight, charged at 30A/30kms per hour and picked up enough charge to make Kingston SC + 15kms. Drove 100km/h then 95km/h watching the 15km buffer erode as we drove. Arrived Kingston SC at 1% SoC (5kms remaining) at about 1AM. This was WAY to close for comfort, and absolutely would not have been achieveable in winter. Anyone on this forum have any pull with Elon? Brockville SC can't happen soon enough.
I know the feeling far too well. I've run out of charge just shy of Kingston from Montreal and when towed to the superchargers in Kingston was in a queue of about 8 other cars waiting to charge. Brockville has to happen ASAP

Reactions: surfaholic
what is SR+ range @ 100% ? Kemptville is only 140 kms from Kingston and 220 kms from the Bay Bridge. I'd have thought you'd be good to get there and back to Belleville on a charge although if you're deep in the county that can knacker a bunch of range.

Next time consider going up 37 from Belleville to HWY 7, and then across to Kemptville. Or go up 15 from Kingston. Both routes are shorter than the 401 to 416, and because you're going slower (90 most of the way with some slowdowns), you will probably set a record for best range efficiency you've ever done.

I drove to Montebello from the Belleville SC this route and averaged 161 wh/km on a Model S P90D. My long term average (3 years) is 240 wh/km lol

Last edited: