Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, still says Q4 2021. I guess they have a fleet of SC installers with Deloreans :) at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 4years until this finally gets installed. Sigh
Screenshot_20220116-203813-763.png

They have been screwing around with those Brockville dates for 8 years now, probably more likely to hit a unicorn while travelling the 401.

Good news is all the En Route rest/gas stops will all have high speed chargers along the 401 which includes charging for Tesla for this summer. In this link if you scroll down, the activation dates are shown. All the Feb 23rd dates are already up and running. EV Charging Stations is available at ONroute!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I tried the Ivy charger at Ingleside onRoute last week. It has a permanenently-installed CHAdeMO to Tesla adapter on a 150 kW station - wow, what a heavy beast! Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work, will test another one on my eastbound trip today.
Thanks for saying so. Makes me nervous that these aren't easy to work, and makes me wonder if I should ever plan to use them.

Hmmm, wonder if a chademo adapter connected to one without the permanent Tesla adapter works differently.

For those familiar with the OnRoute stations, how does one pay? Will any credit card get you a fill or do you need some special registered card.
1. A Tesla Chademo adapter attached to one of the charging stations with a Chademo cord, would work exactly the same as what they provide. 50kW max. They've basically taken a Tesla Chademo adapter and stuck it onto the end of two of their Chademo chargers and fastened them on permanently.

2. It's the same as any other Ivy charting station. Needs the app or an Ivy card which you can purchase on the Ivy web site.

Hmmm, wonder if a chademo adapter connected to one without the permanent Tesla adapter works differently.

for those familiear with the OnRoute stations, how does one pay? Will any credit card
It's the same as any other Ivy charting station. Needs the app or an Ivy card which you can purchase on the Ivy web site.
Having your own chademo adapter opens up some stalls though as I assume there is only 1 or 2 at each OnRoute and nobody but Tesla vehicles can use them. Was really hoping for CCS1 adapters as opposed to slow go chademo

I hate this crap, makes travelling difficult as everyone wants you to have their own card and registration. Cannot figure out what the simplicity of using a normal credit card is so difficult to implement. Thanks for the response by the way.

for those familiear with the OnRoute stations, how does one pay? Will any credit card

Having your own chademo adapter opens up some stalls though as I assume there is only 1 or 2 at each OnRoute and nobody but Tesla vehicles can use them. Was really hoping for CCS1 adapters as opposed to slow go chademo

I hate this crap, makes travelling difficult as everyone wants you to have their own card and registration. Cannot figure out what the simplicity of using a normal credit card is so difficult to implement. Thanks for the response by the way.
It is unfortunate that OnRoute/Ivy don’t take the approach of working with Tesla to provide a couple of proprietary Tesla Supercharger outlets at each location.

It is unfortunate that OnRoute/Ivy don’t take the approach of working with Tesla to provide a couple of proprietary Tesla Supercharger outlets at each location.
The Electric Circuit approached Tesla about this a few years ago and Tesla wasn't interested.

Similarly, AddEnergie wanted to offer Tesla plugs, but didn't get collaboration from Tesla. Ultimately, it wasn't worth it for them to have to reverse engineer the Tesla plugs and software and then be at the mercy of any future Tesla firmware changes.

The Electric Circuit approached Tesla about this a few years ago and Tesla wasn't interested.

Similarly, AddEnergie wanted to offer Tesla plugs, but didn't get collaboration from Tesla. Ultimately, it wasn't worth it for them to have to reverse engineer the Tesla plugs and software and then be at the mercy of any future Tesla firmware changes.
That's unfortunate. I guess that Tesla is protecting its Supercharger turf. However, I thought that Superchargers were not supposed to be a profit or revenue driver for Tesla, but just a service that gets people into Teslas. I would have thought that they would be ok with that service also being provided by somebody else, in cooperation with them. And if profit or revenue were an issue, I imagine that Tesla could still arrange for some percentage. I really appreciate my Tesla and I think their vehicles remains by a considerable margin the best EVs available. But I wonder if their future development could hampered because they 'don't play nicely with others'. That could be problem arising from the top of the organization.