Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's unfortunate. I guess that Tesla is protecting its Supercharger turf. However, I thought that Superchargers were not supposed to be a profit or revenue driver for Tesla, but just a service that gets people into Teslas. I would have thought that they would be ok with that service also being provided by somebody else, in cooperation with them. And if profit or revenue were an issue, I imagine that Tesla could still arrange for some percentage. I really appreciate my Tesla and I think their vehicles remains by a considerable margin the best EVs available. But I wonder if their future development could hampered because they 'don't play nicely with others'. That could be problem arising from the top of the organization.
I doubt it. Apple is the biggest company in the world and they are the poster child for not playing nicely with others. Charging plugs being one great example.

FYI Ivy chargers are $18/hr plus HST which works out to 34 cents per minute. I thought that would be a good deal compared to Tesla's recently-inflated SC pricing, but if it's limited to 50 kW then that will not be the case. I checked out the two Onroute locations eastbound from Kingston and found that Mallorytown was just breaking ground but Morrisburg looked almost ready to go.

I hate this crap, makes travelling difficult as everyone wants you to have their own card and registration. Cannot figure out what the simplicity of using a normal credit card is so difficult to implement. Thanks for the response by the way.
Agree, but at least having it in a phone app makes it easier. Means maintaining a credit balance on yet another charging account though! Petro-Canada charging stations work with credit card - I used one for a CCS charge on an IONIQ a few weeks ago. CC made it a bit simpler, but then it wanted my phone number. I've received a couple of texts thanking me for using the charger, but nothing has appeared on my CC account yet! Looking forward to availability of the CCS-Tesla adapter to gain some charging location flexibility; it looks a lot more compact than the CHAdeMO one. If CCS adapter allows higher charge rates than 50 kW, the economics of Ivy vs SC might tip toward Ivy. Either way, it's nice to have an alternative between Cornwall and Kingston. For me Cornwall is too close, but Kingston can be a stretch in very cold temps with a strong headwind.

Screw the Brockville SC, 8 years of delays and still counting. The CCS adapter now makes charging available in several locations in Brockville and vicinity. The Petrocan has a couple of 350kw units just off the 401 and all the OnRoute stations along the 401 offer builtin Tesla adapters however at Chademo speeds (actually just a bolted on Chademo adapter on a Chademo unit) but also offer high speed CCS which is a much better option with the CCS adapter.

Just down the road from the Petrocan there is the Canadian Tire which also has 4, 350kw stalls. Several other places also.

Last edited:
Reactions: surfaholic
That's annoying. This site was announced in Sep of 2017 so it will be well over five years from announcement to opening. This location would have been very useful, but it is becoming less crucial due to additional sites in Eastern Ontario in Cobourg, Trenton, Napanee, Gananoque and Keptville.

I could have used this site in the past for my trips from Scarborough to Manotick, but with Kemptville coming online soon I won't really need it.

Reactions: Mayoo
Yes. A lot more Superchargers, other than in Brockville, are supposedly coming on line along the 401 soon - and sooner than in Brockville. While I have been frustrated by the Brockville delay, I am heartened by the other Supercharger availability that is planned to deal with the rapidly expanding demand for Tesla fast charging along that very busy route. I hope that all of theses plans are quickly realized.

Reactions: surfaholic