Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brockville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1665065401194.png

Reactions: Mayoo
Brockville is becoming less useful over time with Gananoque and Kemptville in the mix.

If I had a magic wand and it didn't work on Brockville, I'd target:
  • Johnstown / Prescott
    • links to the Ogdensburg / Prescott US border crossing
    • last charger before Hwy 416
    • provides the 70-80km gaps that seems to be popular on the 401 (Belleville / Kingston / Port Hope, all have 80km between each other approx.)
    • Sadly, still 162km away from Montreal - Fairview Point Claire
    • But, 80km away from Cornwall (which meets that 80km gap target)
  • Second location:
    • anywhere between Cornwall and Riviere-Beaudette, QC.
    • technically, the current Cornwall location is good for US-CAN travellers.
  • And if one or the two are provided, cancel Brockville.

That PetroCan station has a 2.1/10 rating on PlugShare, and the Canadian Tire Electrify Canada site's last comment was "None was working" as of Nov 19. But I am optimistic.
Very well could be, only just tried it once and just assumed it worked thereafter. Worked fine last spring. Honestly I have had no need for any of those as last winter they installed free flo chargers in Prescott where we keep our boat so I filled up almost every weekend at the marina. Those flo units are real slow, only 30a however we normally stay for 3-4 days on extended weekends on the boat so no issue at all. Not sure how long the free stuff will last though.

What does the replacement in Brockville Replacement mean? A site to replace Brockville? A replacement for the location that leaked a few months ago?

To be honest, given all of the other recent sites I think Prescott would be a slightly better site. Still west of the 416, but a bit farther from Gan. The stretch from Brockville to Cornwall would be pretty far, especially when you consider that there will be 8 SCs (Port Hope, Cobourg, Trenton, Belleville, Napanee, Kingstonx2, Gan) between Port Hope and Gananoque, a stretch that is only 176km. So an average of one SC every 22km.

Reactions: surfaholic
To be honest, given all of the other recent sites I think Prescott would be a slightly better site.
I 100% agree with this. Although there wouldn’t be as many amenities as there would be in Brockville, a Prescott location would better serve traffic coming across the border from Ogdensburg.

There’s a Canadian Tire parking lot right off the 401 in Prescott with a McDonalds and a single CE L3 charger, that I’ve often thought would be a perfect SC location.

I 100% agree with this. Although there wouldn’t be as many amenities as there would be in Brockville, a Prescott location would better serve traffic coming across the border from Ogdensburg.

There’s a Canadian Tire parking lot right off the 401 in Prescott with a McDonalds and a single CE L3 charger, that I’ve often thought would be a perfect SC location.
I hadn't thought about the border traffic, but that is a great point - this would be pretty convenient for people going from Ottawa to cross the border. It is only a few km out of the way.

So we are now looking at six years from announcement to site opening. And the rest of the 401 from London to Gananoque is pretty well populated with SCs but east of Gan it is now pretty grim, with only Cornwall, which isn't a convenient site.