Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jersey City, NJ - Mall Drive West

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. The single Tesla charger on the wall I assume is an HPWC that charges at 30 mi/hr and probably put there for residents of The Oakman who own Teslas and park there. We're discussing Superchargers, and they don't put them in luxury condo basement parking. They will place them outside, somewhere that is easy to access and can be used by those making road trips, usually placed in high-traffic areas, in mall parking lots, or off major highways like I-95. If you can actually go check the location, which I assume is the side street with the level 1 and 2 chargers that are not Tesla owned, to see if there are superchargers there, that would be great!

I never claimed they had installed a SuperCharger in the parking lot at The Oakman. You should go back and re-read the last few messages. I am specifically saying that the claim that there are now SuperChargers on 1st St is incorrect. There is a SINGLE charger inside the parking lot at The Oakman. It is a parking lot open to the public. But, like all parking lots in the area, it is an expensive lot. No one at The Oakman owns a Tesla that is garaged at that lot. I dont have to go for a walk to check the area. I live right at the area. I walk my dog several times every day. I would know if there is a Tesla charger anywhere within a 4 block square area. We have the Greenspot chargers, a single Fast DC charger (large orange box) and a single Tesla charger inside the Oakman parking lot.

Reactions: Lithivm
I called The Oakman, they transferred me to the project manager who transferred me to another person who transferred me to the guy from Greenspot. I asked him about superchargers, and he said they're in the garage. He said they were working on certifying them last night and he doesn't know if they're operational yet. He said, "there are three dual-port ones, so 6 chargers total." He did confirm that yes, you'd have to pay to access the garage, and they are on ground floor. I made sure to distinguish between Tesla wall chargers and superchargers. If what this guy is saying is true, that's very disappointing that we'd have to pay luxury garage parking fees just to access the supercharger :/

I called The Oakman, they transferred me to the project manager who transferred me to another person who transferred me to the guy from Greenspot. I asked him about superchargers, and he said they're in the garage. He said they were working on certifying them last night and he doesn't know if they're operational yet. He said, "there are three dual-port ones, so 6 chargers total." He did confirm that yes, you'd have to pay to access the garage, and they are on ground floor. I made sure to distinguish between Tesla wall chargers and superchargers. If what this guy is saying is true, that's very disappointing that we'd have to pay luxury garage parking fees just to access the supercharger :/
The Urban chargers at the mall are the answer to my issues...we still need to wait for those to open...it sucks large but in case of an emergency I would happily pay the extra bucks to charge quickly...

Reactions: Lithivm
That makes no sense you'd have to pay to access them. Is that the case anywhere else? I'm new to this so I don't know.
In general Super chargers are in free to extremely low cost parking lots. However, in cities there are SCs in expensive parking lots - the Prudential Center in Boston is a case in point. The minimum fee is about $24 for the first hour. You can get this reduced to $12 by validating your parking ticket at a store with a minimum purchase of $10. There have been times in the NY area where I would have gladly paid $20 to gain access to a nearby SC so I am sure this SC will get use.

However, because the Newport Mall no longer shows on the map I am a bit worried that they may have abandoned that plan. If they still plan to open it, it should appear with a target time frame. I am thinking that the slowdown in the Model 3 rollout has also caused them to slow down their SC plans.

Reactions: electra2016
Agreed, in a pinch, I'd pay for sueprcharging at The Oakman, just disappointed, guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up. What's even more disappointing is that they completely removed Newport Mall from the map now, so I'm hoping they didn't scrap the plans after all this.

In general Super chargers are in free to extremely low cost parking lots. However, in cities there are SCs in expensive parking lots - the Prudential Center in Boston is a case in point. The minimum fee is about $24 for the first hour. You can get this reduced to $12 by validating your parking ticket at a store with a minimum purchase of $10. There have been times in the NY area where I would have gladly paid $20 to gain access to a nearby SC so I am sure this SC will get use.

However, because the Newport Mall no longer shows on the map I am a bit worried that they may have abandoned that plan. If they still plan to open it, it should appear with a target time frame. I am thinking that the slowdown in the Model 3 rollout has also caused them Ito I hope notThey already spent the mulla to install 20 urban chargers
Agreed, in a pinch, I'd pay for sueprcharging at The Oakman, just disappointed, guess I shouldn't have got my hopes up. What's even more disappointing is that they completely removed Newport Mall from the map now, so I'm hoping they didn't scrap the plans after all this.
I hope not. It does not make any sense as they have already spent a lot of money to install 20 urban chargers, but you never know..I would be extremely pissed if that happens

I hope not. It does not make any sense as they have already spent a lot of money to install 20 urban chargers, but you never know..I would be extremely pissed if that happens
LM Studebaker Parking, LLC.
160 1st Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
IMG_3414-350x240.jpg

Daily Rates
  • Hours of Operation
    Sunday - Thursday 6am - Midnight
    Friday - Saturday: 6am - 2am
  • Daily Rates
    Up to 1 hour - $7.00
    Up to 2 hours - $9.00
    Up to 10 hours - $16.00
    Up to 24 hours - $23.00
    Oversized

• Informative
Reactions: BMWLover
They are working. All 6 of them. I just spoke with the manager. $7 first hour $9 for 2 hours...I wanna see the glass half full I guess. My time to email the manager of the mall and let them know they are a bunch of incompetent. wow little man is faster than Simon property. Funny

Since the Greenspot person is providing the same information as the Tesla Find Us page and the original supercharger site this thread is about has 20 stalls and is in a different location, it is clear there are two sites. We just need some confirmation of the The Oakman superchargers. In the mean time, there is no reason to believe the original 20 stall site is open yet.

Since the Greenspot person is providing the same information as the Tesla Find Us page and the original supercharger site this thread is about has 20 stalls and is in a different location, it is clear there are two sites. We just need some confirmation of the The Oakman superchargers. In the mean time, there is no reason to believe the original 20 stall site is open yet.
Just emailed the manager of the mall. As soon as I know something I will post it. The 6 superchargers are working. I spoke with the garage. It is confirmed and done. You can charge for $7 (first hour) tonite if you want. Let's hope for the mall. They must have some dignity left. Little man garage got this done in no time..They must be ashamed...I feel it

As I mentioned before, I live right next to this building and, therefore, the parking lot in question. Personally, I would never go charge at this lot. I am not handing over my keys to those guys to move my car around as needed, particularly since most of the cars are driven onto gravel. Heck, at one point, they were taking more cars than they could fit and were parking them on the street. NO thank you. If I need a charge, I will forego the free supercharge and just use the on street stalls and pay for that. It will be less than paying the lot fees, anyway.

Ok..
Old site now listed as “Jersey City - Newport” on supercharge.info. New 6 stall site listed as “Jersey City - Waterfront”. Does that sound right?
Those are the two sites but the big concern is that Newport is no longer on the official Tesla map. Supercharge.info tells us what we already know - there is a big site that looks ready to go but is stuck for some reason and Tesla has removed it. Hopefully just an error.

I stopped by the 160 1st Street Supercharger location this afternoon. There are six Urban Superchargers there in a private lot connected to the Oakman building. Parking is $7 for the first hour, $9 for two hours. The parking is done by an attendant. I charged for ten minutes or so so that I can count it in the Superchargers Visited competition. I was only getting about 47kW of charge (in an S90D at about 60% SOC when I arrived.)

I also stopped by the Newport Center Mall to check out the Superchargers there. They are still wrapped in plastic bags.

There are photos at the link below (3 of the Newport Mall, the rest of the Oakman parking lot Superchargers.)

Jersey City SpC's - Google Drive

There are a lot of Level 2 chargers in front of the Oakman building. I forgot to take pictures of those.