Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible location - Renfrew, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope they bring this back. It was the only way to reach Algonquin park and back to Ottawa without a major detour to Deep River or Huntsville. I have been hoping to make a trip like this since I got my car. Also have done trips to Round Lake that are bit stressful without this charger.

Depending which part of the Park you're going to, Bancroft will be an option soon.

Update from Tesla owners of Ottawa Facebook group. Copied and pasted.

——

Renfrew Supercharger Update

As a follow-up to the post I made the other day, below is the update I received from Jennifer Charkavi of Renfrew City Council who received this directly from Tesla. Promising news!

We are currently reviewing our options for our Renfrew station, including the visitors centre, as a part of a greater program planning exercise.​

We should be able to understand the landscape within the next 2 months, at which point I will reach out so that we can discuss.​

In the meantime, I can let you know that our current intent is to move forward with a site in Renfrew in 2022.​

I drove through a couple of days ago and saw that a long thin section of the Walmart parking lot close to the road is being dug up. Could this be the SC location?
Could be anything:
- sewage work
- garden centre construction?
- installation of some lights.

Hopefully, a pic surfaces, that can point to what it may be.

But Canadian Tire Gas bar on the property did promise a L3 Flo Charger.

Not sure about in Canada, but in the US a lot of the Electrify America sites are at Walmarts. I've yet to see a supercharger hosted by a Walmart though.
In Canada, Tesla has opened Superchargers at properties owned by Smart Centres which basically has most of the Walmarts at all their properties.

The Canadian Tire beside it is also known to have Superchargers.

This would be the most logical spot for Renfrew. It's also funny because the Renfrew Visitor Centre is across the street.

Reactions: surfaholic
In Canada, Tesla has opened Superchargers at properties owned by Smart Centres which basically has most of the Walmarts at all their properties.

The Canadian Tire beside it is also known to have Superchargers.

This would be the most logical spot for Renfrew. It's also funny because the Renfrew Visitor Centre is across the street.
I drove through Renfrew this weekend and unfortunately still nothing. The parking lot at Walmart (Smart Centre) is dug up for reconstruction but it doesn’t appear that the work includes superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
242752181_1262972517465344_4380309572334228548_n.jpg

Flo Chademo/CCS being installed at Canadian Tire Gas beside Walmart.

Reactions: surfaholic
I wonder if this flo charger will increase Tesla traffic through Renfrew. Which in turn will cause them to reconsider a charger here. I have not traveled through Renfrew as much as I would have over the last 3 years due to range anxiety which equals less trips to Algonquin Park and area. Instaed I have done other camping/cabin trips closer or /on SC routes, that didn't give me range anxiety.

I wonder if this flo charger will increase Tesla traffic through Renfrew. Which in turn will cause them to reconsider a charger here. I have not traveled through Renfrew as much as I would have over the last 3 years due to range anxiety which equals less trips to Algonquin Park and area. Instaed I have done other camping/cabin trips closer or /on SC routes, that didn't give me range anxiety.
How many Tesla owners will use this as how many have adapters to use L3 charging from non SCs?

Sadly doesn’t mean anything.
I agree. This whole thread is sad. Back in 2018 someone thought construction would begin the following year.

My car will likely be dead from old age before this is built. Bancroft at least exists but is a 30 minute detour to my destination. Once again, 110v charging for the win! (Once I'm at the rental cottage I don't tend to drive around much so can easily get back up to 100% before heading home, which means I've never bothered to look for a closer rental to Ottawa or a SC.)