Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Location - Vaudreuil, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Specific to this example, a quick search on PlugShare.com shows that there are 5 J1772 EVSEs and 5 Tesla HWPCs at Mont Sutton. Jay Peak has even more spread around four lots. It seems lots of people tend to forget about destination charging, but it's quite useful.

There is also a Chargepoint DC Charger coming soon in the town of Sutton.

Fine. Simple test : Montreal -> Some random place without a charger near Lac brome -> Montreal, by -20°C, in a SR+.

The point is, Brossard -> Plattburg is fine, but a daily winter escapade in that region could benefit from a SC, and a SC will always be preferred by Tesla owners than other charging spot.

(and for the record, good luck plugging your car at Sutton on a busy day if you're not there early)

Fine. Simple test : Montreal -> Some random place without a charger near Lac brome -> Montreal, by -20°C, in a SR+.

The point is, Brossard -> Plattburg is fine, but a daily winter escapade in that region could benefit from a SC, and a SC will always be preferred by Tesla owners than other charging spot.

(and for the record, good luck plugging your car at Sutton on a busy day if you're not there early)

Good point. I tried it in ABRP, and it seems like a 2021 SR+ cannot do Downtown MTL to Knowlton and back at -20 without coming dangerously close to 0% SOC at return. Interestingly enough, apparently a 2020 Bolt can do it with about 10% SOC on return, and also has many compatible DC charge stations on the way.

Good point. I tried it in ABRP, and it seems like a 2021 SR+ cannot do Downtown MTL to Knowlton and back at -20 without coming dangerously close to 0% SOC at return. Interestingly enough, apparently a 2020 Bolt can do it with about 10% SOC on return, and also has many compatible DC charge stations on the way.
Tesla CHADEMO adapter is SR+ best friend in Canadian winters

Every supercharger gap in Quebec can be solved by a chademo adapter. :)
The Chademo is a Plan D at best... We've been driving electric in Quebec since 2013 and the Chademo system is sub par. Don't get me wrong, it's better than nothing.... but just barely. It's weird to see Hydro Quebec still stuck on this legacy tech with one to two stalls per station... on occasion four. It's like they're not really thinking ahead.

Every supercharger gap in Quebec can be solved by a chademo adapter. :)

Unlike in many places, the number of Bolts+LEAFs+Konas in QC is greater than the number of Teslas. So, CHAdeMO/CCS stations are offen clogged up by relatively slow-charging vehicles. Waits of an hour or more were typical for CHAdeMO in Gaspesie last Summer due to vacationers, for example.

I've read somewhere IGA had trouble with the financing of their charger installation last year. Good to know thing could me moving on.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good location. Just right out highway 20, literally. There's a traffic light on that portion of the "highway". You turn left, you're at the SC. Turn left again, back on the highway on your way to downtown. Good place to charge up when arriving in Montreal from Toronto / Ottawa. Plus IGA is open 8-20 most day, and 5 mins walk from other places.
It needs to be at the IGA by the 40 next to the Royal Bank and St. Hubert restaurant, by far the faster route into Montreal. Also, the Motel Vaudreuil is there and very inexpensive for overnighting.

It's very close to Pointe-Claire. It's a good thing to have multiple choice of location to charge, but there's other area that would be more convenient in my mind like St-Sauveur or Lachute.
There is supposed to be one put in Lachute Target opening in Q4 2021 as well St. Jerome showing Target opening in Q1 2022
St-Sauveur is also on the list shows Target opening in Q1 2022.

From my little time watching this, Q1 or Q4 I think means very little to this.
I hope by the time I get my car some of them will be opening. Will need Gatineau myself.

There is supposed to be one put in Lachute Target opening in Q4 2021 as well St. Jerome showing Target opening in Q1 2022
St-Sauveur is also on the list shows Target opening in Q1 2022.

From my little time watching this, Q1 or Q4 I think means very little to this.
I hope by the time I get my car some of them will be opening. Will need Gatineau myself.
I may be wrong, but I assume the majority of Quebec coming soon will start construction Q2 2022 or late Q1 2022.

But my guess(es):
Gatineau: construction start between April to June 2022 at
1248 boulevard de la Vérendrye E
Gatineau QC J8P 0A9

Lachute: construction start late Feb at
IGA S. Albert inc.
465 avenue Béthany
Lachute QC J8H 4H3

Reactions: Randy-12
1673059891838.png

From plugshare, doesn't seem to be a provision for Tesla superchargers?