TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Possible Meet-up following the Lake City Supercharger ribbon-cutting

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Larry Chanin, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

As you may be aware a new Supercharger Stations is nearing completion in Lake City, Florida (near the intersection of I-75 & I-10). It will be in the parking lot of the Lake City Firehouse Subs so its address will be close to 2929 W US Highway 90.

We are considering the feasibility of a club meet-up at a local restaurant following the Supercharger ribbon-cutting ceremony. Tesla has these events on weekdays usually at 10:00 am. We don't yet know the date of the ribbon-cutting, but I wanted to get a rough idea regarding the level of interest in attending a weekday event.

If we don't receive adequate notice from Tesla to organize a meet-up following the the ribbon-cutting ceremony we will consider organizing a meet-up at a nearby restaurant on a weekend after the Supercharger Station is operational.

Since our membership is thin up north, I have also contacted my counterpart for the Tesla Motor Fans - Atlanta club and asked him to poll his membership to see if they would be interested in joining us.

So, to assist us in our pre-planning I would appreciate it if you could respond to this posting and indicate whether you might be interested in attending a ribbon-cutting in Lake City on a weekday morning followed by lunch at a nearby restaurant. Plan this occurring in the next few weeks.

Also please let me know if you would be interested in a weekend meet-up for lunch at a restaurant nearby the Lake City Supercharger location.

Non-club members will be welcome to join us.

If you are not a member of the club, but you are a permanent, or part-time Florida resident and would like to join our state-wide Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

2. caddieo

caddieo Member

Will join if I am back in FL. I am in Chicagoland right now and may not get back there until mid-September.

3. Science->Truth

If I am not on work travel/meetings, I will be there. Would enjoy a lunch meet-up. -Alex

4. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

I wish these ribbon cuttings could be late in the day, for those of us who would be willing to drive there. Probably wouldn't want to leave at 4am to do this.

5. Larry Chanin

Last week I sent out an evite invitation to our membership announcing that we will be having a meet-up at the Applebee's Restaurant near the Lake City Supercharger:

On Saturday, September 6th at noon.
    Applebee's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
    2893 W US Highway 90Lake City, FL 32055

An invitation was also extended to our Georgia Tesla owners.

Club members Keith Mackey (aka KeithM) from Ocala & Andy Olivenbaum (aka AndyO) from Gainesville, will greet you at Applebee's to get acquainted with other members and to do lots of Tesla Talk!

Non-club members will be welcome to join us.

If you are not a member of the club, but you are a permanent, or part-time Florida resident and would like to join our state-wide Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

6. Larry Chanin

#6 Larry Chanin, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  7. Larry Chanin

Here's some photos taken by G8rbev.

Lake City Supercharger 7 s.jpg

Lake City Supercharger 8 s.jpg

Club members Bev and Angel.

Larry