TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Possible new Tesla store/SvC on Long Island - Smithtown/Nesconset area

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by SMAlset, Jan 18, 2018.

1. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Came upon this article from Tuesday, 1/16, about a new location for a Tesla location in New York on Long Island. Given the mention that "the facility would generate solid waste typically associated with 'auto sales and repairs' minus motor oil" would appear to be a store and service center.

Tesla plans to add fourth location on Long Island

• Like x 1
  2. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

3. jlevy

jlevy Member

The Smithtown Board approved the site in late February. I think they are awaiting the dealership cap to be lifted from 5 to 20 by Albany before beginning serious construction.

• Informative x 1
  4. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Looks to be SC only.

5. Snow Drift

It can’t be a store yet. Only 5 in the state are allowed.

Mt. Kisco
    White Plains
    Meatpacking
    Brooklyn
    Manhasset

6. blee321

blee321 Member

Any Updates on This?

7. Ken7

Ken7 Member

None that I've heard. Anyone else?

8. Michael A

Michael A Member

I think this is supposed to be a service center only.

9. CMD1997

CMD1997 Member

Hi Guys, I have been researching the same but nothing. There was a lot of chatter in the first quarter of 2018, after that. The lawyer for 1000 Nesconset LLc (owners of the lot in Nesconset) said in an article that theTesla center is imminent but I havent seen any progress!! BTW, I was wondering if any Model # are being delivered. In California you can see on highways/local at least 10-15 Model 3 daily, but in LI, barely any!

10. Snow Drift

I see Model 3 on the Island from time to time. I just saw a Blue near Greenvale this past week.

• Like x 1
  11. Ken7

Ken7 Member

I've seen 2 over the last few weeks. I hope that Smithtown facility progresses.

12. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Thought I’d bump this up. Anyone have any news on what, if anything, is happening here?

13. analRaviOli

analRaviOli Member

Oh man i hope they get this location. Prime spot right off 347. Syosett really sucks going there for me as I am by Patchogue.

14. blee321

blee321 Member

Bump
    Any news?

15. Ken7

Ken7 Member

I’ve heard or read nothing. I’m tempted to take a ride over there to see if there’s any activity.

16. analRaviOli

analRaviOli Member

I just got my tints done over there by top edge tints on my S. Saw trucks there. Many of them. I think it’s happening.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Some bad news here. I was at the Smithaven Mall yesterday and took a 1 minute trip to the old 6th Ave Electronics site to see what, if any, work is being done to open a Tesla SC there Unfortunately there was absolutely no work being done, and the old 6th Ave store looked like an abandoned shell. No trucks, no construction, no nothing. I'm beginning to think this is not happening. :(

18. CarsonGallo

CarsonGallo Member

These were taken a few months ago on September 26th in which i saw them doing some work. Dropping off a dumpster and getting rid of garbage/debris inside and around perimeter. Sad there hasent been much progress since then. Tesla may be delaying cause Legislation NYS Legislature screwed them over for the 2nd year in a row.

Attached Files:

19. blee321

blee321 Member

Looks like a dump. Any owners want to look into purchasing the land to lease to tesla in the future pm me!

20. CMD1997

CMD1997 Member

I agree! There has been no progress and no indication that Tesla is doing anything here. What a sad situation. A big piece of property near busy smith haven mall and a dump and an eye soar.