Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible new Tigard, OR Service Center and Sales Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've come across some exciting news!

Tesla is attempting to open a new giant service center in the old Toy's R Us building that is across 217 from Washington Square. They seem to be running into some problems as the service center doesn't seemed to be zoned correctly for that spot and they need to build a separate sales building on the same location to get the Service center permit approved.

The Portland service center has been overflowing for years now, the Toys R' Us building is at least 3x the volume, and a lot closer to mine and I'd guess a large majority of Oregon Tesla owners homes.

I just booked the next available service appointment for the macadam location and it was end of Feb to resolve a connectivity issue. It would be awesome if there was another service center to remove pressure off this location.

The Benderson Development Company, owner of the former Toys “R” Us site just south of the Holman property, is also poised to bring in a new Tesla dealership on that property. Planning consultant John Southgate of Cascadia Partners spoke on Benderson’s behalf at the June 1 meeting and said that even before inking a lease agreement with Tesla, the company talked with several other potential automotive clients.

Reactions: DesertSilver
Dated July 1, 2021.

Sounds like the lease agreement has already been signed. I wonder what Tesla will do with their Washington Square Mall showroom.

"The Benderson Development Company, owner of the former Toys “R” Us site just south of the Holman property, is also poised to bring in a new Tesla dealership on that property. Planning consultant John Southgate of Cascadia Partners spoke on Benderson’s behalf at the June 1 meeting and said that even before inking a lease agreement with Tesla, the company talked with several other potential automotive clients."

I'm told the Washington Square showroom stays. But I'm not sure those at the showroom really know one way or the other.

I happened to drive by the Toy's R Us store yesterday (avoiding a train blocking Scholl's Ferry Road). There was activity in the Toys R Us space but I didn't see anything that said Tesla.

Any updates on the one proposed for Vancouver? Haven’t seen or heard anything on it since the original article the Columbian posted about it.
Looking at Clark County GIS... new storm water permit applied for just last week. Drake Auto Dealer and Service Center is the name of the entity, based out of Colorado - which matches what the original Columbian article said. The project is listed as under review on the City of Vancouver site. Drake Auto Dealer and Service Center | City of Vancouver, Washington, USA

There are some Demolition permits applied for in the last month as well.

Reactions: Teedub21
Drove by the 10065 SW Cascade Ave., Tigard, OR work site (former Toys R US). Significant activity inside and outside the building. There were 3-4 City of Tigard Permits on the glass near the front door, all indicating that the project is for Tesla. Here's one of them.

1649020059425.png

Outside of the building is moving pretty far along.

Anyone happen to know if Tesla is also taking over the old Orchards lot? It appears the old Orchards building is in the middle of being completely torn down but I’m guessing it’s for something else since the old ToysRUs building seems to be plenty big for Tesla’s use.

I’d also wonder if they’re going to have new Superchargers on the Tesla lot, although hopefully they at least keep the ones at the mall since it’s too far to walk to the mall from the new Tesla building.

Outside of the building is moving pretty far along.

Anyone happen to know if Tesla is also taking over the old Orchards lot? It appears the old Orchards building is in the middle of being completely torn down but I’m guessing it’s for something else since the old ToysRUs building seems to be plenty big for Tesla’s use.

I’d also wonder if they’re going to have new Superchargers on the Tesla lot, although hopefully they at least keep the ones at the mall since it’s too far to walk to the mall from the new Tesla building.
They are taking over the whole Toys R Us building and some building just up the street. Sounds like the Toys R Us will likely be the service center and the other building will be sales/showroom

Reactions: chrstna4
Reddit is saying there is construction on the corner of Andresen Rd & Fourth Plain Blvd, are you nearby?
Yes there is construction going on there. I am going to drive right by there in a couple hours and will look to see if there is any signage. At least one of the building permits for that location does reference Tesla.

Reactions: ninerbynature
Yes there is construction going on there. I am going to drive right by there in a couple hours and will look to see if there is any signage. At least one of the building permits for that location does reference Tesla.
Not at the point where any signage is posted - still in the breaking ground phase. Was running late so couldn't stop for a photo - will try that next time I go by there.