Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Price reduction for BC/ Canadian residents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read a post from someone who was picking up their MY today that they should wait till the weekend/ next week to pick up their MY. Supposedly the Rep said there was news coming soon that could be quite "financially beneficial".
Heard about this a couple weeks back but it got brought up again. This was in Vancouver. Fingers crossed

BC has the CEV program which qualifies for $3000 off the SR MY. However its down to 1.8m which is roughly 600 cars left. When I ordered my MY SR it was at 2.8mil. I think this rebate will dry up soon and not sure if it will be topped up again.

There are also rumours about Model Y SR still trying to make the cut on the $5000 federal incentives again on FB here in Quebec, quoting insiders today with new developments since last week false start. Maybe some news tomorrow.

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
3k is not enough for me to give up the additional range and AWD, I'd rather pay more to get the car I want

@BULLSHARK same predicament here. I understand why the government may not want to incentivize people to purchase a "luxury" EV and have a $ cap on the qualifying purchase but we really had our sites set on AWD for our next vehicle and with EVs of course "range is king" so we are also planning to go LR AWD. Sadly.

@BULLSHARK same predicament here. I understand why the government may not want to incentivize people to purchase a "luxury" EV and have a $ cap on the qualifying purchase but we really had our sites set on AWD for our next vehicle and with EVs of course "range is king" so we are also planning to go LR AWD. Sadly.
I wish our government learn from Norway, all EVs are tax free, very simply and effective way to promote EV.

It was a hard decision for me to, but at the end of it I was fine without the AWD and longer range. With the bump in luxury tax as well, the LR MY was almost 20k diff from the SR which was hard for me to justify.

Im stuck on this decision too, buy the SR and go charge more often, or get the LR with AWD and charge less. Which did u end up getting?

Im stuck on this decision too, buy the SR and go charge more often, or get the LR with AWD and charge less. Which did u end up getting?

Base Model Y, honestly for me it works well. I barely drive more than 60km per day and with charging at home I don't really have an issue with range. Weekends might be a bit more running around town but usually within 100km. I guess it depends what your needs are, as a commuting car around town its fine to get the SR and get the $3000 rebate as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
No one sure about Federal Rebate but as the US price dropped by $2,000 (SR+), I assume that Canadian price will be adjusted, too.

After the PDI (all fees), $39,990 + $1,200 = $41,190 USD.
Possible new price in Canada : USD x 1.303 = $53,670 CAD

Before the price adjustment in US, $41,990 + $1,200 = $43,190 USD vs $56,290 CAD. The rate is around 1.303.

it would be around $2,600 price reduction in Canada.

• Funny
Reactions: cdswm3
No one sure about Federal Rebate but as the US price dropped by $2,000 (SR+), I assume that Canadian price will be adjusted, too.

After the PDI (all fees), $39,990 + $1,200 = $41,190 USD.
Possible new price in Canada : USD x 1.303 = $53,670 CAD

Before the price adjustment in US, $41,990 + $1,200 = $43,190 USD vs $56,290 CAD. The rate is around 1.303.

it would be around $2,600 price reduction in Canada.
This might not happen, don't hold your breath. Canadian market is not competitive enough.