TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Possible quality issues after "retooling" pause

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MasterT, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MasterT

MasterT Member

Is anyone concerned about possible quality issues of February/March vehicles being built right after the assembly line retooling pause? I'm concerned that this retooling pause could re-introduce the early build issues back into the production.

What do you guys think?

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Or the pause could improve quality, if reports about all the assembly workers overtime are true.

• Like x 2
  3. number12

number12 Active Member

I would say opposite is true. That's when they fix and or add items to the cars. Can only be a good thing if you are waiting.

• Like x 1
  4. idontknow1

idontknow1 Member

I just confirmed my model X 100D yestersday. Delivery estimate in May to early June. i also kinda wondered what impact if any the production shutdown would have on quality. hopefully it makes it better and theh continue to refine things in the next couple months..

5. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

It's not clear to me whether they are in any way changing the S/X lines or are merely working on new lines for 3 to try to test run the production of that.

• Like x 1
  6. CharlieLab

CharlieLab Member

Shutting down a line is incredibly expensive for any manufacturing company, so any upgrades, re-tooling or servicing will be done at the same time. Tesla always makes design tweaks anyway, so cars built in March will be better than Feb.

7. MasterT

MasterT Member

From your lips to .... Elon's.... scratch that ... to the X production line