TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Possible Redwood City Service Center and (maybe) Supercharger

Discussion in 'California' started by RichardL, Aug 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RichardL

RichardL Member

Possibly taking over the health club area next to the Land Rover dealership:

Tesla eyes Redwood City site

It states there 'might' be a publicly accessible Supercharger there as well

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I noticed that article yesterday, I didn't know enough about the local area to be sure if there was a thread for it or not!

It's possible that the supercharger could be purely for use by service technicians. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can find the plans?

3. ken830

ken830 Model S (Res#P12,447)

I was able to do some digging and found some interesting tidbits and even the detailed project plan that was drawn up by MBH Arch and submitted to the City. Looks like the proposal is to build a sales and service center in the location currently occupied by both Crunch and Chef Peking. The plan covers just the building structure, so no indication of whether a Supercharging site will be included in the parking lot.

If you go to the permit searching website, you can search for these related projects:

AP2017-049
    UP2017-017
    ZT2017-002

Not much info to be gained there, but we could continue to monitor the site in the coming months to see any additional permits that show up.

More interesting is the Rewood City current projects page:

Development Projects | City of Redwood City

Here, you'll find the link to the project plan PDF

[​IMG]

For now, the status is "Application Deemed Incomplete."
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@ken830 nice find! Looks like a showroom and a large service center. I don’t see any Superchargers in the plans.

Currently at Find Us | Tesla There is no future Supercharger location shown for Redwood City. There is one shown for San Carlos, quite nearby.