TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by smythey, Jun 6, 2016.

1. smythey

smythey Member

I was having a good look at the "My Tesla" page, and in the source html there appears to be reference to two unique identifiers in addition to the RN number which is displayed on the page.

The first is called "uid", and is an 8 digit number. The other, more interesting one is called "ReservationId", and is a six digit number. My number was "3xxxxx". I wonder if this an actual indicative reservation number based on the parameters already made public (Date of reservation / region / existing Tesla owner).

Can anyone who lives near Hawthorne have a look at their page and see if their "ReservationId" looks something like x1xxxx? Apparently Tesla/SpaceX employees get first dibs on reservations, but some reservation holders local to the factory should be in the first 20k.

I'm quite aware that this could be utter nonsense, but thought it was intruiging nonetheless.

Res.png

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 3
  2. Boourns

Boourns Member

Mine is 40xxxx. Reserved in store 3/31, though late in the day. Around 5:30 US Central time.

3. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

I don't live in Hawthorne, but I do live on the west coast, and I reserved at the reveal event before the reveal. My reservation_id, for what it's worth, does look like x1xxxx.

• Helpful x 1
  4. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

What is the significant digit we're looking for here? I'm in the mountain time zone and reserved prior to the reveal at a Tesla store (in the pacific time zone a state over). My first digit is the equivalent to yours, OP, #3. The second digit is 9.

5. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

mine was 000000001 :D

• Funny x 8
    • Like x 1
  6. Xaff

Xaff Member

There's no way that this is correct if it is supposed to be numerical and I highly doubt it would be correct if it based on your actual position in the the queue. Mine starts with 37xxxx and I had mine preordered about 10 minutes after 10am CST on 3/31. I'm really curious what it means though.

7. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

mine started 69xxxx. I don't know where it started, but I reserved on the 12th April via the website in the UK. I know there weren't 690,000 reservations by that time.

8. _TTT_

_TTT_ Member

I ordered two in store on 3/31 at noon eastern. The reservation_id values are only 5 apart.

4xxxx0
    4xxxx5

Where xxxx is the same for each reservation.

• Helpful x 1
  9. Xaff

Xaff Member

Maybe the number is in numerical order, but in relation to total of all Tesla vehicle reservations?

• Informative x 1
  10. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

I have two reservations. 579XXX and 580XXX. I reserved them at the same time, the evening online reservations began. The actual numbers are just a few sequential numbers apart from each other.

11. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

how many Tesla's have been sold prior to the 3? If it was about 400,000, then its possible that my number 69xxxx could be about 290,000 in the queue.

12. MrRandyB

MrRandyB Member

From Delaware, I ordered online at 3/31 10:08pm
    Mine is showing 412XXX

• Like x 1
  13. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Ok I'm sorry I'm not internet savvy - how do I look up the source html?

14. Jester

Jester New Member

I would be interested if someone who has never reserved a Tesla has a Reservation ID.

I think you are on to something with this calculated across all Teslas.

I ordered right after Mr.Randy and have 413xxx

15. tsla007

tsla007 Member

I think you might be on to something there. mine was 377xxx and reserved 3/31 at 11:40am. I think the 3 means model 3 started at 300000 and went from there. Not total cars but total from 300k.
    77k for me makes sense. I guessed 60k for me. If I'm that low I'd be thrilled, but if at time of unveil
    there were 115k and online was open-I'm guessing they might have started at 315000 or so. Just a guess.

• Like x 1
  16. Zextraterrestrial

Danger DOOM where did you find this? I did see my 'Zextraterrestrial' in the MyTesla page but can only find the 9 digit Model 3 reservation #

I don't look at HTML code often..maybe I'm just missing something

17. MrRandyB

MrRandyB Member

You could be right.
    If nexsuperne101 ordered April 12th and they were 69XXXX and you Xaff ordered early west coast time and are showing 37XXX

That is a difference of about 320,000 which is about the right amount of reservations for that time.

18. flamingoezz

flamingoezz Member

This looks somewhat promising. Good find @smythey !

I'm number 69xxxx -- along with another user with the same combo who ordered late like me (april 12 & 14).

Did anyone order a S or X a couple days before pre-orders were taken so we can get a reference point on where this ID was prior to the model 3 taking reservations? Looks as though they probably mixed all models into this number, but I'm curious where the model 3 line started in this sequence.

19. Boourns

Boourns Member

The fact you already owned a Tesla may have affected this, if this number is an indication of sequence in the queue. I didn't own my S when I ordered.

20. dl80

dl80 New Member

Just checked mine. It starts with 36xxxx. I ordered around 10am in store, March 31. I am based in Europe.