Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to say as a customer, I am not thrilled at all that we have nothing from Tesla indicating our position in the queue or a predicted day for configuration. The least they could do is let a few enthusiasts enjoy the time here on the forum.

You can imagine what would happen to the twitterverse & subsequently the stock price if Tesla let this one be, and 6 months from now someone comes to the (right or wrong) conclusion that there has only been e.g. 50 new reservations in that 6 months.

Reactions: zenmaster
541xxx ordered 2 - instore san diego ~400p . non-owner. That looks a lot higher than the rest listed hard to swallow for standing in line for 4 hours.. :(

558xxx ordered 2 -- My parents ordered 2 online just after it went live - Northern Cal non-owner.

Everybody who ordered 2 cars on the same transaction have a reservation number starting with 5xxxxx for some reason.

I reserved a Model S on March 30th at approximately 8:30 AM Pacific Time which, unless I'm wrong, is just a handful of hours before anybody could place Model 3 reservations anywhere. That number is 3628XX so this might provide a useful starting number.

If that's the case then that puts my reservation within the first 8500 public reservations. I'm ok with that!

If you are in NJ and had the 8500th number assigned, it is anyone's guess what that means since the company said the rollout would start on the West Coast. I can see potential for some very angry people in about 18 months.

Yep, I'm well aware of the prioritization of orders for Tesla and SpaceX employees first, then West coast, as well as highly optioned configurations getting built first. Regardless of all of that, it's still nice to know where I stand in line, even if that has no direct correlation to when my Model 3 gets built.

Reactions: garsh
If you are in NJ and had the 8500th number assigned, it is anyone's guess what that means since the company said the rollout would start on the West Coast. I can see potential for some very angry people in about 18 months.
I'll be frustrated if it means I'm delayed enough that I can't get the full tax credit because of it. I'm okay getting a flight out to the west coast and driving the car back myself if that helps.

541xxx ordered 2 - instore san diego ~400p . non-owner. That looks a lot higher than the rest listed hard to swallow for standing in line for 4 hours.. :(

558xxx ordered 2 -- My parents ordered 2 online just after it went live - Northern Cal non-owner.

I wonder if this implies another variable for when you get your cars. Meaning if you ordered 2 you will get them sooner than if you ordered 1.

Alright, well, I took a quick look at My Tesla page yesterday and wrote the info down. Glad I did, as now I see it's unavailable! Tesssllaaahh! :rolleyes:

Ordered 1
RN10892XX33
reservation_id 447XX4
Reserved online 3/31/16, 10:19pm EST
Central, NY

I've already added this info to the Model 3 ID Tracker

Ok so I go away for 3 days and intentionally leave the computer behind. After all nothing new on the Tesla front anyway. WTH!! I missed it and now it's too late to get my reservation ID. :( I need another tech break

When and where did you reserve? I was at the Manhasset store 3/31 and got processed a little after ten. I'm 371xxx. Maybe that will help you ballpark where you'd be. A buddy that had his processed about 30 seconds after me was 371XXX +29. He also ordered a second one which was another +34 from his first number

Reactions: MrBoylan
Another data point: (I checked the source code page yesterday before the ID numbers were made invisible.)

Two reservations placed on same transaction in store 3/31 about 10:12 am Pacific (13:12 EST) in Southern Calif, about # 30 in line when store opened.
Credit card was charged almost immediately.
Email took until 2:38 am the next morning to arrive.

Numbers are both 500xxx and are three digits apart.

From reading comments on this thread, I'm guessing my relatively high numbers are because a backup server was handling some orders at the 10 am west coast crunch time. There must have been a rush of order activity right at that moment, considering that west coast is such an EV hot spot.