Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Electrek ... Tesla is prioritizing Model 3 deliveries to employees, but they can’t resell for a profit

As we previously reported, Tesla will be prioritizing early Model 3 deliveries for their employees, which is a welcomed initiative for many of them since the Model 3 is, in some cases, the first Tesla vehicle that they can afford.

Tesla started informing their employees of the process to get a priority delivery, but they are also now informed that they cannot resell the vehicles for a profit. The automaker opened up Model 3 reservations to both Tesla and SpaceX employees (and their families) a few weeks ahead of the general public. Data showed that the employees likely made over 10,000 reservations before the general public made that number blow up to an estimated 500,000 based on deposits as of last quarter.

Through our tip line, we received an email that Tesla has been sending to employees about Model 3 reservations:

All,
Each employee reservation holder will receive an email the evening of July 28 with details regarding their Model 3 reservation. Deliveries of Model 3 will be generally prioritized by geography, starting with owners registered in California or those taking deliveries at Fremont. Because employees are receiving special priority, all Model 3 cars prioritized to employees must be registered to you or your family member and may not be resold for more than the original price. Reservation holders will agree to these terms when their order is placed.

Please note the following to ensure that you can access your Model 3 reservation on your Tesla account and receive employee priority:

If you placed your Model 3 reservation under your company email address, no action is needed. If you placed your Model 3 reservation under a personal email address, please log in to your Tesla account and update your “Account Email” to your work email address.
If you have questions regarding your reservation, visit the Tesla Support site. Tesla will send more details on delivery plans, FAQs, and reservation updates after Friday.

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: melindav and AlMc
Tesla says ‘Model 3 invitations arriving soon’ for early reservation holders

screen-shot-2017-07-27-at-7-31-11-pm.png

Reactions: Boourns
I just looked up my reservation number. Per the electrek article by Frederik Lambert, I searched "RN" in the source code of my page and found this code, which makes me think Tesla short-handed ‘common_reservation_id’ to 'rn':
<td class="model-name">
<a href="/mytesla/profile?rn=RN108475814" class="car-link">
<strong class="car-name notranslate">​

I signed up the evening after launch. If you throw out '108' at the beginning of the number, that gives me 475,814 as my possible number, which when you subtract the base as 350,000, puts me at 125,814th in place.

My last call to our Tesla dealership told me that early reservers (non-employees and non-previous-Tesla-owners) were targeted for Q1 2018. Fingers crossed, as my Fiat 500e lease ends mid-Feb. So I could be without a vehicle for a few days/weeks/months???

Please check out and like my blog on driving electric for the first time, which I wrote when I got my Fiat 2+ years ago:
Ciao: A Fiat 500e Driver's On Ramp to Electric Cars

Attachments

• FiatComp2.jpg
    FiatComp2.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Disagree
Reactions: Trips
I just looked up my reservation number. Per the electrek article by Frederik Lambert, I searched "RN" in the source code of my page and found this code, which makes me think Tesla short-handed ‘common_reservation_id’ to 'rn':
<td class="model-name">

I signed up the evening after launch. If you throw out '108' at the beginning of the number, that gives me 475,814 as my possible number, which when you subtract the base as 350,000, puts me at 125,814th in place.

My last call to our Tesla dealership told me that early reservers (non-employees and non-previous-Tesla-owners) were targeted for Q1 2018. Fingers crossed, as my Fiat 500e lease ends mid-Feb. So I could be without a vehicle for a few days/weeks/months???

Please check out and like my blog on driving electric for the first time, which I wrote when I got my Fiat 2+ years ago:

You forgot to divide by 2.734 and take the square root.

Sigh.

The number doesn't mean anything. It's random.

<td class="model-name">

According to your logic and my RN I should’ve already received my M3;)

rn=RN108XXXXXX has always been there. What we were looking at was <input class="ReservationId" type="hidden" name="common_reservation_id" value="37XXXX" and that was last shown in October 2016.

Correct ... the real reservation number has been hidden by Tesla, but was visible in the source code for a short time :cool:
See the attached example for the actual reservation number in Column B that corresponds to the random RN in Column F.

upload_2017-10-3_18-15-8.png