Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the time of the reservations, it looked like Tesla had different servers issuing numbers and they added servers as the load increased. Each server seemed to be issuing IDs from its own pool of numbers (1xxxxx,2xxxxx,3xxxxx, etc.).
I don't think the ID has any meaning.
If you are trying to figure out when you will get yours, it's best to use Tesla's advice that they will deliver cars based on time and date (taking time zones into account) with priority going to current owners and US West Coast.

How did no one figure this out before? Mine definitely match up.

Model S, reserved July 2012 #018xxx
Model X, reserved September 2015 #265xxx
Model 3, reserved 3/31 1 pm Pacific #519xxx and #519xxx (5 apart from each other)

Adding to the above, my reservation number for my Model S was 10,xxx. The difference between my 18xxx "reservation_id" is about 8000, which could be accounted for by ~2500 Roadsters, ~2000 Sig S, and maybe some pre July-2012 Model X reservations.

Reactions: trinites1a
If you are trying to figure out when you will get yours, it's best to use Tesla's advice that they will deliver cars based on time and date (taking time zones into account) with priority going to current owners and US West Coast.
What are the zones anyway? I'd wager California is one to itself, but does anyone know what parts of the country make up the remaining zones? Or at least know how many total there are?

My reservation ID is 400 XXX, and reserved in montreal store at about 5pm EST. I guesstimated that I would be approx 100 000 in line, since the 115 000 mark announced at the reveal. That would put the start at 300 000 as some others pointed out. That logical system could work for my number.