Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The secret is out in the media ... :cool:
Tesla Model 3: there’s a way to see where you are in the queue, check it before Tesla finds out
There Might Be A Way To Find Where You Stand In The Tesla Model 3 Reservation Queue

The Tesla Model 3 Reservation Queue order may have been discovered by a user on the Tesla Motors Club forum. The forum member (smythey) posted some information that he noticed and others went to work trying to figure out if the assumption adds up. He posted:

I was having a good look at the “My Tesla” page, and in the source html there appears to be reference to two unique identifiers in addition to the RN number which is displayed on the page. The first is called “uid”, and is an 8 digit number. The other, more interesting one is called “ReservationId”, and is a six digit number. My number was “3xxxxx”. I wonder if this an actual indicative reservation number based on the parameters already made public (Date of reservation / region / existing Tesla owner).

Can anyone who lives near Hawthorne have a look at their page and see if their “ReservationId” looks something like x1xxxx? Apparently Tesla/SpaceX employees get first dibs on reservations, but some reservation holders local to the factory should be in the first 20k. I’m quite aware that this could be utter nonsense, but thought it was intriguing nonetheless.

The post received pages and pages of responses. Some showing that maybe this six digit number, hidden in the HTML source code, has some meaning and others contesting it. If the system is proven accurate, Model 3 reservation holders may have a better idea when they may expect to take delivery comparatively.

UPDATE (June 7th, 9:00 PM ET): Apparently Tesla was not thrilled with people accessing their own reservation IDs (as obviously that could cause some issues down the road if deliveries are not made in priority sequence as suggested by the company), Tesla has now removed the ability to see your reservation ID via the javascript code.

You can still estimate your standing using the Model 3 ID tracker by looking at when and where users reported — Model 3 ID Tracker (Responses) here As forum members are posting their information about the “ReservationId” along with order timestamps, others are compiling the data and it seems there may be more than a simple correlation. The earlier reservations have a smaller number, and the number grows as time goes on. Specifics as to other information this number may provide are not yet known.

Last edited:
How do I apply for the job at Tesla where my responsibility is to lurk on TMC and report to Elon what is going on?

upload_2016-6-7_20-49-24.png

Reserved 2 on 3/31, at San Diego's UTC mall 10:12 AM...and got 500000 and 500012 (not exactly those, but quite close, and 12 apart). Whereas the RN's are 900,000 apart. The credit card went through long before the confirmation email ever did. Thought I was an outlier, until I read
Ordered in person on 3/31 in southern California, approx. 10:15AM. Reserved 2 at the same time. Reservation IDs of 500xxx and 500xxx, with the numbers only apart by 3.
And then later, as others showed up with the same results, it made more sense. And despite all the numeric nonsense, our config page(s) still know which day we reserved on.

... I don't have an exact online order time (Not sure how you guys do, actually).
The secret is to be the guy running around with the camera photographing everything. I looked at the time stamp.
I was amused here by the confirmation bias: Those with really low number were sure this promised them a place at the front of the line, while those with an unusually high number were convinced the number didn't mean anything :)

I don't think we heard from anyone who reserved at the reveal event?
Of course, this could be an Easter Egg, deliberately coded,
<input class="Cowbell" type="hidden" name="insert_cowbell" value="FALSE" /> :p

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
UPDATE (June 7th, 9:00 PM ET): Apparently Tesla was not thrilled with people accessing their own reservation IDs (as obviously that could cause some issues down the road if deliveries are not made in priority sequence as suggested by the company), Tesla has now removed the ability to see your reservation ID via the javascript code.

Have to say as a customer, I am not thrilled at all that we have nothing from Tesla indicating our position in the queue or a predicted day for configuration. The least they could do is let a few enthusiasts enjoy the time here on the forum.

we have nothing from Tesla indicating our position in the queue

Of course we do.

Your Model 3 was reserved on 4/1/2016. Deliveries will begin in late 2017. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation. ...

We may not have the exact hour when we will be invited, but we have more than "nothing".
Exact reservation time might not mean anything, someone reserving at 9:00 am may get to configure his car after the one that reserved 9:00 pm. Location matters.

Don't obsess to much.

• Funny
Reactions: Jayc