Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was having a good look at the "My Tesla" page, and in the source html there appears to be reference to two unique identifiers in addition to the RN number which is displayed on the page.

The first is called "uid", and is an 8 digit number. The other, more interesting one is called "ReservationId", and is a six digit number. My number was "3xxxxx". I wonder if this an actual indicative reservation number based on the parameters already made public (Date of reservation / region / existing Tesla owner).

Can anyone who lives near Hawthorne have a look at their page and see if their "ReservationId" looks something like x1xxxx? Apparently Tesla/SpaceX employees get first dibs on reservations, but some reservation holders local to the factory should be in the first 20k.

I'm quite aware that this could be utter nonsense, but thought it was intruiging nonetheless.

Res.png

What is the significant digit we're looking for here? I'm in the mountain time zone and reserved prior to the reveal at a Tesla store (in the pacific time zone a state over). My first digit is the equivalent to yours, OP, #3. The second digit is 9.

There's no way that this is correct if it is supposed to be numerical and I highly doubt it would be correct if it based on your actual position in the the queue. Mine starts with 37xxxx and I had mine preordered about 10 minutes after 10am CST on 3/31. I'm really curious what it means though.

I would be interested if someone who has never reserved a Tesla has a Reservation ID.

I think you are on to something with this calculated across all Teslas.

I ordered right after Mr.Randy and have 413xxx

I think you might be on to something there. mine was 377xxx and reserved 3/31 at 11:40am. I think the 3 means model 3 started at 300000 and went from there. Not total cars but total from 300k.
77k for me makes sense. I guessed 60k for me. If I'm that low I'd be thrilled, but if at time of unveil
there were 115k and online was open-I'm guessing they might have started at 315000 or so. Just a guess.

Reactions: Zoomit
This looks somewhat promising. Good find @smythey !

I'm number 69xxxx -- along with another user with the same combo who ordered late like me (april 12 & 14).

Did anyone order a S or X a couple days before pre-orders were taken so we can get a reference point on where this ID was prior to the model 3 taking reservations? Looks as though they probably mixed all models into this number, but I'm curious where the model 3 line started in this sequence.

mine started 69xxxx. I don't know where it started, but I reserved on the 12th April via the website in the UK. I know there weren't 690,000 reservations by that time.

I don't live in Hawthorne, but I do live on the west coast, and I reserved at the reveal event before the reveal. My reservation_id, for what it's worth, does look like x1xxxx.

The fact you already owned a Tesla may have affected this, if this number is an indication of sequence in the queue. I didn't own my S when I ordered.