TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Possible Reveal On or Around June 2nd?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MountainRatMat, Mar 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MountainRatMat

Pure speculation here but if you read the prize for Project Loveday that was just announced by Tesla the grand prize is a trip to a reveal for 2 that must be used by June 2nd. Does this mean the final reveal for the Model 3 will be on or just before that date?

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

It's speculation, but it could be pretty good speculation!

It could also be an unveiling for updates to the S/X that are in advance of the Model 3 (especially the interior and interface).

I don't know what else they'd be revealing right now.

3. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

That's a good catch, certainly promising at the very least. At this point I'd love to hear any kind of information about the 3. They are really keeping things tight lipped and I was hoping for something at the end of this month but based on Elon's comments that no longer sounds likely.

4. Thierry

Thierry Member

The June 2nd it's the limit to claim the prize...
    So the event could be June 30 :(
    Or 31 ? :D

• Like x 1
  5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

You mean May? With the trip being to the reveal and return?

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

It just says that the prize needs to be claimed by that date. Nothing implies someone has to attend an event by that date.

On or about May 29, 2017, the Grand Prize Winner will be sent an email notification with instructions on how to claim the prize. The prize must be claimed by June 2, 2017.​

So they have approx three days to claim the prize, once they are notified by email. I wouldn't read to much into the date. Tesla doesn't know this many weeks ahead of time when an event will be held :).

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 2.32.19 PM.png

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Member

Are we expecting any other Tesla product launch events in early June?

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I currently have zero expectations for any Tesla product launch in early June. I don't think Tesla knows when the Model 3 event will be, other than directionally.

• Funny x 1
  9. boaterva

Right, as I just commented on Reddit, the winner gets an email they won on May 29 and has until June 2 to reply/accept/claim the prize. Any reveal date is really NET (no earlier than) then since we do assume that winner would be at the next reveal.

10. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

That would seem to indicate a date of at least mid June, so a winner could make travel arrangements.

• Like x 3
  11. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Combined with the July promised of start of delivery for the 3 and the "no reveal until production" guidance we heard recently, it all sorta fits together. Not exactly the picture I wanted, but the strands do seem to fit...

• Like x 1
  12. boaterva

Right, at least June 15. To whenever. July. August... :)

13. aarons23

aarons23 Member

I believe that the terms states that the prize must be claimed by June 2nd. I'm not sure that it is meaning the prize for the grand prize winner must be used by then.

14. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

Tesla is taking care of hotel/travel expenses - but perhaps time would be needed to arrange ones schedule.

I could see the reveal date being shortly after 6/2, with the deadline being set early enough to move on to the next person if the winner can't make it.

15. boaterva

It says the winner will be notified on May 29 and they have to respond (claim) by June 2. I assume if they don't respond, Tesla picks someone else.

All this 'event on/about June 2' talk means nothing (except for some values of 'about' (being several months...)). :)

16. Chris L

Chris L Member

To claim the prize, the contestant has to sign all the forms, agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions. Means nothing more. Patience. July will be here soon enough.