Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible road noise improvement by re-seating rear door seals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wiping out my door jambs and noticed when looking from the front door towards the rear on the B pillar (see pictures), the outer door seal that is attached to the doors was not resting against the body at all on my rear doors. The seal was attached without any issue on the doors, but it was a good 1/2 to an inch away from resting against the body on both rear doors as you followed the seals towards the bottom of both doors, and along the entire bottoms of both seals, providing no value whatsoever.

So I carefully pulled the seals off the door and re-positioned them about one inch closer into the body. First I cleaned off the area where they were going to be re-positioned to, and used the primer that came with the RPM wind noise reduction kit, and then re-attached. They seem to be held in place with good adhesion, and now they seat nicely against the body for both rear doors. I'll be taking my MY out on the highway tomorrow and see if there is any difference in road noise. The doors do sound more 'solid' or muffled when I close them now.

20200724_013147111_iOS.jpg
20200724_013149824_iOS.jpg