Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible solution for Bluetooth key for Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a LG G4 (ATT) and had a less than 25% success rate in unlocking my Model 3. I downloaded "Bluetooth Auto Connect" from the Google Play Store and so far (couple days) have had a 100% success rate. It keeps the phone in discover mode whenever it doesn't have a bluetooth connection. It can also activate an application (like the Tesla App) when it discovers a bluetooth connection. Found a couple of issues, it connects and disconnects when you are in marginal range, and it seems to drain the battery significantly faster. There are lots of settings, and I am no expert, so I am hoping others can help in coming up with an ideal configuration. There are similar apps out there as well, would like to know if anyone has had experience with them

I have a LG G4 (ATT) and had a less than 25% success rate in unlocking my Model 3. I downloaded "Bluetooth Auto Connect" from the Google Play Store and so far (couple days) have had a 100% success rate. It keeps the phone in discover mode whenever it doesn't have a bluetooth connection. It can also activate an application (like the Tesla App) when it discovers a bluetooth connection. Found a couple of issues, it connects and disconnects when you are in marginal range, and it seems to drain the battery significantly faster. There are lots of settings, and I am no expert, so I am hoping others can help in coming up with an ideal configuration. There are similar apps out there as well, would like to know if anyone has had experience with them

Thanks for the post. My Note 8 works 99% of the time but wife's S8 is hit or miss. It always discovers but she has to stand there for a while. If the fob isn't released soon I'm just going to buy her a new phone. It seems the newer Samsung models (Note 8 and beyond) must have different radios or more frequent polling. I'd try the app but the battery impact is concerning

I have an AT&T LG G4 too. I am at about 25% first time connection too. But if pull the phone out of the pocket, it jumps to about 35% . If I unlock the phone, it jumps to 70%. If I start the Tesla App, it jumps to 99%. The 1% left is after the app started and the key kept saying Connecting... and then I will have to stop the app, turn on airplane mode and off and then it will work.

I am going to try Bluetooth Auto Connect and see how it works. But I am upgrading my phone anyway.. probably by Black Friday.

Thanks for the post. My Note 8 works 99% of the time but wife's S8 is hit or miss. It always discovers but she has to stand there for a while. If the fob isn't released soon I'm just going to buy her a new phone. It seems the newer Samsung models (Note 8 and beyond) must have different radios or more frequent polling. I'd try the app but the battery impact is concerning

I have a Samsung S8, and that is also my experience.