Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clearwater, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems dead in the water doesn't it? No updates at all on this. Probably best to just rely on the CCS adapter when it is available.
Got the CCS adapter from South Korea and it is so worth it. Can drive any route now and not think about it. Delivered to your door for $470. Here is the link if you are interested.
Looks like it has gone up a bit since I bought it as it was $309USD when I got it.

Reactions: richteer
Got the CCS adapter from South Korea and it is so worth it. Can drive any route now and not think about it. Delivered to your door for $470. Here is the link if you are interested.
Looks like it has gone up a bit since I bought it as it was $309USD when I got it.
Still $309USD without any add-ons.
I'm curious what the regional price would be for this. 299,200KRW is about $300CAD so I'd assume it would be priced around there. I'm not in a rush for it (yet) so I can still hold off if it means a $170 savings.

Seeing as there is no noise on this one another CCS adapter option sold in Canada.

Reactions: bolero
It appears it is now possible to drive between Vancouver and Jasper with a Tesla using the CCS adapter, but this location has been under permit for nearly 500 days.

Any locals with insight/update on this location?

Locals might know more, but I don't believe there was ever an actual permit found for this site. "Permit" status is just supercharge.info's shorthand for saying that there's some evidence for a specific site being planned. In this case, it appears that "evidence" was a driveteslacanada.ca article citing "a source familiar with the deal," so it should be taken with a large grain of salt...

It appears it is now possible to drive between Vancouver and Jasper with a Tesla using the CCS adapter, but this location has been under permit for nearly 500 days.

There have been reports, from some pretty reliable sources, that 2-3 sites will be built along this route in 2023. Opening dates are pretty uncertain but probably late summer or fall.

Reactions: alpinehijinx
There have been reports, from some pretty reliable sources, that 2-3 sites will be built along this route in 2023. Opening dates are pretty uncertain but probably late summer or fall.
I will soon be driving the route from Prince George, through Valemount and Clearwater, to Kamloops. If there are any other locations that folks want me to investigate, please reply here or via PM.

I will soon be driving the route from Prince George, through Valemount and Clearwater, to Kamloops. If there are any other locations that folks want me to investigate, please reply here or via PM.
The likely sites along this route, based on what I've seen or heard, would be McBride, Valemount and Clearwater. I don't recall seeing specific locations identified for the first two communities. The Clearwater location mentioned at the beginning of this thread would be a good candidate based on the adjacent services. It might be a bit early in the season for actual construction but who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
New locations on the Tesla map today for Clearwater, Valemount and McBride! Find Us | Tesla
Well, these communities aren’t too big, so it will be easy to drive every street looking for utility markings or construction. I can ask around as well, being a small community, but it’s hit or miss whether I find the right person. Yes, it’s probably still early for construction and I’m seeing significant residual snow piles and gravel everywhere in the communities where I’ve been traveling. Still, the absence of evidence is something, and will likely be confirmation that construction won’t be completed until Fall.

Reactions: HopGuy25
Well, these communities aren’t too big, so it will be easy to drive every street looking for utility markings or construction. I can ask around as well, being a small community, but it’s hit or miss whether I find the right person. Yes, it’s probably still early for construction and I’m seeing significant residual snow piles and gravel everywhere in the communities where I’ve been traveling. Still, the absence of evidence is something, and will likely be confirmation that construction won’t be completed until Fall.
I'm just guessing here, maybe Clearwater shopping mall. Huge parking lot near Highway 5, Tims Horton, Buy Low Food and Subway . Lots of amenities.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
McBride Status: No local intel/gossip, markings or construction (as expected). Decent 3-phase electrical throughout the commercial areas. However, the only really viable location is at the Petro-Canada corner convience store (my best guess) or near the existing BC Hydro DCQCs (perhaps 4x stalls only). Other possible locations with enough space and electrical are Kilins Restaurant or Sandman Inn. The other gas stations and hotels have too small parking lots. See attached google map and pictures. Red circles mark possible areas. More tomorrow on Valemount and Clearwater.
B4F006B4-E6EA-4379-8EB0-49E75CE37F82.jpeg

E9F391C4-2875-482A-B72D-5E720E7D33B3.jpeg

59D8431A-0267-4365-966D-9EA254C64854.jpeg

Clearwater Status: Unfortunately, no visible signs of construction or even dig markings. At best, this is probably not finished before Q3, maybe Q4. Fortunately, the grocery store is a perfect location. There are lots of empty parking spots along the highway, farthest from the front door. Plus, this is where the utility transformers are located as well, so easier and less costly installation. I briefly looked around the other businesses along the Yellowhead Highway, and several would be acceptable, but not as good as the grocery. See attached pictures. Green transformer box is marked with a boxed red X. FYI, entrance to the parking lot is ONLY at Myrtle Crescent off of Park Dr (follow the arrows).
F68E83B9-F95C-40CF-B083-0DC0F429EF11.jpeg

0D679D27-2934-4D35-AD24-AF3350C49E83.jpeg

A0B8E007-867D-46BF-827D-05BA984CC3B1.jpeg

Finally, the drive from Prince George to Kamloops (and a side trip over into Jasper) is amazingly beautiful, especially with a fresh dusting of snow on the mountain peaks. PlugShare and BC Hydro Chademo charging made it all possible. PlugShare information is very reliable. There are a number of free chargers (25KW and 50 KW DCQC and 6 KW J1772 along the route making travel simple, even in winter or in an 2015 MS70D. I only have one warning: Watch out for the puppies! I thought I had seen it all, but at the Little Fort Rest Area, I was nearly ICEd by a dozen puppies:
310096E3-1E1C-4E1A-8862-E07BFF2FC928.jpeg

Construction has started in Clearwater! The construction crew confirmed that the work is for superchargers.

The site is located at 365 Murtle Crescent, next to the Tim Hortons.

No Tesla hardware on site yet, just prepping the parking lot.View attachment 973963
Thanks for the pics and update. If you live nearby, please keep us posted regularly. Also there is a good chance the same contractor might be working on the Valmount and McBride locations. If you get a chance to talk to the contractor, chat them up. I found offering some Tim's donuts are always good way to get them interested ;)

Reactions: Roddy
View attachment 975379
The green-boxed area in the earlier post by NoGassssssss (is that enough s's?) appears to be accurate. My sister took this photo this morning - the white van is in the drive-through lane for Tim Horton's. I'll get her to send updates whenever she sees something new.

This location would help a lot. I stopped at Blue River at BC Hydro DCFC to charge last time I went to Jasper.