Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fort Worth, TX - North Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That location was Dateland because they drawings for the "alternate post" were in site plans. People automatically assumed it would be used. Just like all the battery day hype. Until we start seeing the V4 posts delivered, assume all sites will be V3. And even then, they will first go to sites where they have promised various municipalities that they will be open to all vehicle types in exchange for obtaining their site leases.
One would think Buc-ees would have some interest in support all vehicle types. But yea, pretty unlikely at this point in deployment.

That location was Dateland because they drawings for the "alternate post" were in site plans. People automatically assumed it would be used. Just like all the battery day hype. Until we start seeing the V4 posts delivered, assume all sites will be V3. And even then, they will first go to sites where they have promised various municipalities that they will be open to all vehicle types in exchange for obtaining their site leases.

V4s are not for semis. V4 is megawatt capable but are not "Megachargers" intended for Semis which are only being installed at warehouse locations where Semis are based. Currently V4 is a variation of V3 with higher voltage capability along with slightly higher ampacity to allow for higher kw charging for capable cars.

V4s also have longer charge cables. Mostly for non-Tesla charging to make it easier to reach ports not in the typical Tesla position (Driver Rear).

But yea, pretty unlikely at this point in deployment.
Maybe not
Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 2.18.34 PM.png

V4s also have longer charge cables.
~10ft Just enough for reaching a Tesla Semi ;)👍

They need to start putting in V4's for the CT that will start production in a couple months.

Maybe not
View attachment 930324

~10ft Just enough for reaching a Tesla Semi ;)👍

They need to start putting in V4's for the CT that will start production in a couple months.
These have been in the site plans for months (see Dateland AZ and all the "worlds first V4..." posts) so just because it is there doesn't mean it is actually being used. Like the 4680 MY having 400 mile range. Tesla is just preparing for when they do roll out so they don't have to change all of their permit submissions and get new approvals.

Reactions: CarlS and brkaus
These have been in the site plans for months (see Dateland AZ and all the "worlds first V4..." posts) so just because it is there doesn't mean it is actually being used. Like the 4680 MY having 400 mile range. Tesla is just preparing for when they do roll out so they don't have to change all of their permit submissions and get new approvals.

I knew about the Dateland, AZ site and it being the (supposed)first V4 SC site but haven't kept up with it. Looked it up on search and the pics looks really nice with the solar canopies and surprised no V4 SC.
I was a bit shocked when the first V4 SC was setup in the Netherlands of all places. One thing about Tesla is you are hard-pressed to second-guess what, when and where they will do something.

I'm sticking with the caveat note on the site plans. We will know something in a month or so.

I’ve gotta wonder since we are not seeing any delta in the design language before the CT start to arrive within the year, they have accounted for this in the final CT.
From what we’ve seen, we should just plan on unhitching every time we trailer with any model.
It’s annoying, but so is pulling up to a pump with jerk blocking 3 stations with their trailer while they are in the restaurant. (Worst case, of course.)

Reactions: Texshark
This will be good for the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex. It will be interesting to see what Buc-ee's does with "charging for everyone else". Saw my first Porsche Taycan and it was a good concept except for the open road (as of now).

Was by mid day, looks like all if the pedestals and cabinets are in position and ready to go on both sides of the south entrance. A few wooden reels of cable still cello wrapped on the western end - not sure if it's extra. The biggest problem is a very deep hole on the west side of the west entrance that feeds the two pedestals on the east. Seemingly been there for a good while, no workers or trucks. So we have a number of weeks left is my sense.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS