Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Antonio, TX - North Loop 1604 East

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TDLR for an address about 300 feet away, possibly in the back parking lot of Kirby's Steakhouse

Start Date: 3/14/2022
Completion Date: 3/31/2023

@corywright @tes-s
There we go!!

Tesla was filing the permit when I found the file. Now all details are filled out

Scope of Work:: Installation of an electric vehicle charging station and associated electrical equipment.
What is the TDLR Architectural Barriers Registration Number?: 2022011227
What is the Valuation of the Sitework portion of this project? (Material and labor): 175000

San Antonio.jpg

So excited for this! The only San Antonio Supercharger has been pretty full and can be quite difficult to get to sometimes....
Depending on what mapping service you use, that address could be the Kirby's Steakhouse with some prime spots:
1644438917203.png

Or down the street a bit in the Mary's Grill parking lot:
1644439153480.png

Reactions: CarlS
So excited for this! The only San Antonio Supercharger has been pretty full and can be quite difficult to get to sometimes....

I don't think this new supercharger will do much to relieve the traffic over at the Huebner Oaks SC since a lot of the traffic right now comes from tourists and visitors who are mainly spending time around downtown, SeaWorld (151/1604), or Six Flags (I-10/1604). So therefore Huebner Oaks represents the closest supercharger to them.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
I just happened to be on the county website for something else and noticed a pretty robust property map. While I was in there, my curiosity got the best of me and I checked out the land parcels near the proposed SC address. Looks like the same company owns these three parcels of land, LA ARCATA RETAIL LIMITED:
1646321628147.png

That's the same company that is listed on the application for the Supercharger, so I think it'll definitely be in that parking lot of the Kirby's Steakhouse. From how other Superchargers are typically positioned, I'd say the spot in blue does seem most likely

Tesla owners of Central Texas FB showing equipment delivered, apparently across the street in the Mellow Mushroom parking lot. Might be time for a pizza run soon if this turns out to be true!
Yeah - make that pizza run! I am really wanting this to open. I have friends who live off Bulverde Rd., and have to drive way over to Shertz to juice up.

Reactions: byeLT4