Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to add Spotify Playist to car's favorite list?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it Possible to add Spotify Playist to car's favorite list? I can add radio, slacker, podcasts to my cars favorite list, but can't figure out how to add a Spotify station or playlist?

In each playlist, there is a "follow" button... I've tried that and it does not work. What does "follow" do?

You need to be a Premium paid subscriber to Spotify to do this.

Create the playlist in Spotify, then log into your Spotify account in the Tesla. Once you log in, you will see the playlist you created.

You cannot make any changes to the playlist in the Tesla. All changes need to be made in the Spotify app on on their web page. Once you make the changes to your playlist, log out of the Spotify account in the Tesla, and log back in on the Tesla to see your updated playlists.

Yeah, I have a Spotify premium account and it's associated with my car.

The cars's music section, when collapsed to it's smallest view, has a favorites section - all the way to the right - past recently played lists/stations. How do i add one of my recently played Spotify lists/stations to the favorites sections?

Last edited:
Spötify does have a few shortcomings atm. Currently when Spotify launches on another device the car has a playback error and says Spotify is running elsewhere. On non-Tesla Spotify you can see what other devices you have active, which one's playing, seamlessly take the play to another device and control the playback on the active device from any. A device entering Spotify car mode makes that device take playback control but the others can see what's playing...I hope that's on the dev roadmap for Spötify such that when you get into the car it acts as car mode and playback starts there, and other devices don't kill your playback with an error.

If anyone's experience is different to mine, and I'm causing this, I'd be keen to learn what I'm doing wrong of course!

Reactions: ybbor
I've been trying out spotify. I used to be able to search (via voice) for a specific song and it would bring it up in search results for spotify. (a month or two ago) Now it never finds a specific song to play in spotify, songs I know are available. Moving in the wrong direction.

Reactions: ybbor