Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to change from a purchase to lease?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see why not. Just e-mail [email protected] and feel free to report your findings back here.

Thank you. From Tesla:

You can absolutely switch, not a problem. I have listed more information below on our business leasing program.

• Tesla is currently offering leasing to small and medium size business owners.
• The lease program is a 36 month commitment, with a mileage cap of 45,000 miles over the 3 year term. There is a $.25 charge per mile over.
• You have the option of purchasing your Model S at the end of your lease term for a residual value (equal to ~48% of the original Model S purchase price).
• The minimum down payment for leasing is $5,000 capitalized cost reduction + first month’s lease payment + $700 acquisition fee + title and registration fees + all applicable taxes.
• You may put down up to 25% of your vehicle’s purchase price.
• Your lease agreement will list your business and you as co-buyers. The vehicle will be registered to your business address.
• To submit a business leasing application, please log on to your My Tesla account Dashboard page. The application link is located about ¾ of the way down your Dashboard page on the left hand side.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.