TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Possible to change from a purchase to lease?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by eRandall38, Aug 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. eRandall38

eRandall38 Member

I received my VIN last week, and a delivery date 2 days ago. My Model S is still "sourcing parts".

Would it be possible to change from a purchase to a lease at this stage? Does anyone know the lease terms (length)?

2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

I don't see why not. Just e-mail [email protected] and feel free to report your findings back here.

3. eRandall38

eRandall38 Member

Thank you. From Tesla:

You can absolutely switch, not a problem. I have listed more information below on our business leasing program.

• Tesla is currently offering leasing to small and medium size business owners.
    • The lease program is a 36 month commitment, with a mileage cap of 45,000 miles over the 3 year term. There is a $.25 charge per mile over.
    • You have the option of purchasing your Model S at the end of your lease term for a residual value (equal to ~48% of the original Model S purchase price).
    • The minimum down payment for leasing is $5,000 capitalized cost reduction + first month’s lease payment + $700 acquisition fee + title and registration fees + all applicable taxes.
    • You may put down up to 25% of your vehicle’s purchase price.
    • Your lease agreement will list your business and you as co-buyers. The vehicle will be registered to your business address.
    • To submit a business leasing application, please log on to your My Tesla account Dashboard page. The application link is located about ¾ of the way down your Dashboard page on the left hand side.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

4. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

Nice! Good to know.