Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to disable auto presenting doors altogether?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could have sworn that it was possible to disable the auto presenting completely. When I turn the setting to "off" the door handles still extend/retract, just not automatically when I approach the car. One of mine failed a few weeks ago, and another is now making a faint grinding noise, so I think I'd rather just have stationary handles to minimize wear and tear (if possible).

I could have sworn that it was possible to disable the auto presenting completely. When I turn the setting to "off" the door handles still extend/retract, just not automatically when I approach the car. One of mine failed a few weeks ago, and another is now making a faint grinding noise, so I think I'd rather just have stationary handles to minimize wear and tear (if possible).
have you considered getting to a service center? AFAIK there in no way to completely shut the handles down.

My back drivers side door doesn't always auto present, and the service center can't figure out why. When it doesn't auto present, I can still open the door by reaching through the front door or the window and pulling the door level on the inside.