TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Possible to downgrade from 20" Perf. Wheels to 19" ?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Carl_Drogo, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Carl_Drogo

Carl_Drogo Member

I'm considering the 20" Performance package, but it appears the (red) calipers and brake pads are larger -- which is a good thing, except I wonder if that would preclude downsizing if I decide 20" is too big. Would a 19" Sport wheel fit as well?

• Helpful x 1
  2. CameronB

CameronB Member

I am not sure anybody outside of Tesla themselves knows this answer definitively.

We’d all probably be making quasi-educated guesses based on renders and some poor quality photos since that’s all we have right now.

All of that said, my guess would be yes.

Hopefully in the coming weeks more info will emerge and maybe we can even see some P models showing up in Tesla stores. Seeing the car in person would help a lot (even if still not fool proof).

• Like x 1
  3. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Active Member

Just get the 20" wheels and swap them with someone with the 19s. You could probably get at least $2k back that way.
    This is assuming that the 19" wheels clear the brakes (extremely likely).

• Like x 1