Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to remove these stains on white seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe you frightened your passenger when you said "watch this" and punched it when the light turned green...

edit, I use this for my black interior and it works pretty well on sunblock stains and stuff like that

1624036566698.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: ucsdsig
Be careful with magic eraser, it is abrasive. It often will take the shine off things I've used it on.

I really wanted to go with the white interior but I knew something like this would happen to it despite all the youtube vids I saw how about how amazing it was. That is just how my luck rolls.

Reactions: KentheJ and zpaul
Sonax (289300-755) Leather Foam -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003USYN6Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Tesla told me to use this. SC managed to get windshield adhesive on my white seat when they replaced the windshield. It removed it no problem. I haven’t been able to find anything that cleans as well as this stuff. Spray the seat, use a horse hair brush to agitate and immediately wipe. Do not allow to dwell on the seat.

Reactions: chisss
I think the issue in general is once anything has permeated the surface, you are really stuck. It does look like it is pretty good to prevent it from soaking in, bug once it has and permeated the material and basically has set, going to be really hard. I doubt that anything "topical" is going to be much use.

Maybe if you can get something to soak in that will dissolve/penetrate the stain and then use some cloth or paste to help draw it out, then that might seem like a good option to tray as well. The paste option might be worth trying. Maybe try a little bit of baking soda with just enough water to make a paste and try it on a small spot. Don't rub the paste as it is a little abrasive.

Another option that sometimes works when rubbing alcohol won't is nail polish remover. Try it in an inconspicuous place first and use q-tips to really target only the area you want.

Don't see how that could be a manufacturing defect, looks like something spilled on the seat - from your groceries maybe?

Anyway, not sure if this is any better than the other ideas but I always used this on my Beemer's and now on both my Tesla's:

Long but this review sold me on it:

Those of you purchasing this product are probably into detailing cars, and by proxy, are probably familiar with Mike Philips of Autogeek. I've been using this product for years and while thinking about how best to review it, Mike's quote - "find something you like and use it often" - came to mind without any effort.

Like many passionate car guys, I have a whole garage full of car detailing products; everything from Flex 3401s, Pinnacle waxes, Wolfgang polishes, Menzerna all-in-ones, Sonax wheel cleaners, Optimum waterless wash soaps, Lake County pads, etc., etc., etc. While many of those aforementioned products are absolutely fantastic, few of them are so incredible that they completely make comparable products from rival brands secondary choices.

Einszett Cockpit Premium (ECP) is, however, one such product.

ECP is so good, so overachieving, and so perfect for its intended use that as a consumer, I have absolutely zero incentive to try another similar product. ECP is the anti-Armor-All; where Armor-All style products are shinier, greasier, and more anachronistic than the Soul Glo in Darryl Jenks' Jheri curl, ECP is absolutely streak-free, easy to use, and inoffensively scented. In short, ECP is one of those products that truly accomplishes the mission that so many car detailers are in constant pursuit of accompishing, namely, turning something that appears "used" into something that looks as close to showroom new as possible.

Some people may say that ECP isn't great at deep cleaning, and they'd be right. However, saying this is much like saying a hammer isn't so great at turning bolts. ECP is not an all-purpose cleaner nor is it advertised as such. ECP can be a cleaner as long as it's being applied in an interior that hasn't been abused. For people like me, who routinely keep good care of our vehicles, ECP is all they'll need to keep their interior looking brand new. However, if you're trying to remove interior stains that require honest-to-goodness elbow grease, this is simply the wrong tool for the job.

What ECP does so incredibly well is remove that "lived in" look that daily drivers acquire over time with normal use. Things like dust accumulation, skin flakes/oils (gross, but true), and light grime are not only no match for ECP, but are magically replaced by a surface that has a complete matte finish and for all intents and purposes, looks brand new.

Because it is 100% streak free, you can use this in places that other similar products are persona non grata. Have you ever made the stupid mistake of directly spraying a cleaner/protectant on your steering wheel only to find that the ensuing overspray drenched the gauge binnacle? For some reason, every gauge cluster I've ever seen uses a clear plastic material that's almost impossible to touch (even with a dry microfiber) without leaving a smudge. Using a lesser product in this case turns into a frustrating process of trying to clean the overspray without leaving a smear. ECP is so smear resistant that you can be as ham-fisted as you want, and still end up with effortlessly new looking dashboard, center console, nav screen, door panels, etc.

So, to sum up, ECP is cheap, stupidly easily to apply and use, leaves perfect results, smells light and subtle, and leaves absolutely ZERO residue to the touch. If there's a "better" interior protectant/finisher, I have no idea what it would look like as it's very hard to improve on flawless. As a result, ECP is my forever go-to when it comes to car interiors.

Off topic, but is it really worth getting a white interior if you have to do this? #teamblack
Yes! I had a black leather interior in my Audi A4 and it gets really old hearing your skin sizzle whenever you sit down!

Seriously, I live in MN and between March and October the seats would get painfully hot when it was in the sun. the interior also heated up a lot more quickly. I vowed never to get another car with black leather seats again! I did think twice when I ordered my MY with white seats, but I'm happy so far. They do show more but are easy enough to clean and the interior stays a lot cooler. I wish they offered tan or grey, though.