Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to swap cables on Tesla HPWC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question, hopefully. I am looking at getting a HPWC on eBay because i recently got a coupon for selling something on their site. I don't really need a HPWC because at 15-40 would be good enough for us but if i can get a deal on one i would probably pull the trigger. After all convenience is only worth so much. There are a lot that have the 8.5' cable, some at good prices after my coupon, but i would want the 25' version. Can i get the 8.5' HPWC and swap out cables for the 25' somehow? Right now i am looking at one where i would save a couple hundred bucks. Is that even really worth the savings or am i going to pay a couple hundred doing the swap?

i, too found a great deal (under $400 when they had the 15% off coupon) on the 8' cable on ebay. after measuring garage spaces, i now regret not just splurging on the longer one because now I am limited to only two positions in our 2 car garage, either backed up on the right (car facing towards street), or head first on the left (car facing towards house). seeing as how the wife drives her car head first into the garage, she can only park on the right side (when facing house) so that she has the widest exit/entry space in the middle. This leaves me with very little egress if i pull up on the left to charge, unless I back it up to also use the middle but then I can't charge.

i wish summon was more reliable than currently....

Quick question, hopefully. I am looking at getting a HPWC on eBay because i recently got a coupon for selling something on their site. I don't really need a HPWC because at 15-40 would be good enough for us but if i can get a deal on one i would probably pull the trigger. After all convenience is only worth so much. There are a lot that have the 8.5' cable, some at good prices after my coupon, but i would want the 25' version. Can i get the 8.5' HPWC and swap out cables for the 25' somehow? Right now i am looking at one where i would save a couple hundred bucks. Is that even really worth the savings or am i going to pay a couple hundred doing the swap?

It looks like you will be paying $200-$300 for a 25' cable alone. I think you should just buy a 25' model in the first place.

Reactions: forkee