Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to update car graphic to 21" Turbine wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've changed out the stock 19" wheels to 21" Turbine grey wheels and I could have sworn that I've seen pictures of the display in cars that came stock with the 21" as reflecting that correctly in the graphics.

Obviously not a huge deal but cool if it's possible somehow?

When did you swap? It'd be cool if via tpms or something, the car sensed the change and voila, the new display. The build was accurately reflected on everything graphic since order confirm.....mytesla docs, email updates etc. the attention to detail was noticeable.

If you swapped to those beauty 21s, it'll bug the $heep out of you seeing 19s on the display until updated.
Send an email to service and ask how....maybe SvC can do it since your driving oem.

The crazy thing is, after I swapped, the car DID sense the new wheels and I got a display on the screen asking me to select if the new wheels are 19" or 21". I selected 21", it calibrated the TPMS sensors, but the car graphics did not change.

I'll definitely ask the service center. Good excuse to go in, maybe I can come out of there with new HW2 firmware. :D

Last edited:
I got my avatar changed when I powder coated my 19 cyclones black. They sold grey cyclones OEM for a period in Europe and they changed my avatar to reflect this. While my new avatar doesn't show true black wheels the dark grey are close enough. Looks so cool. Technology is wonderful.

Here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    635.6 KB · Views: 183
Done! The Service Center took care of it in about 10 minutes, didn't even have to pull the car around the back, just did it in the parking lot. I love the casual atmosphere at the Tesla Service Centers...nothing like a traditional service center where you're filling this out and being shuffled from one person to another.

Done! The Service Center took care of it in about 10 minutes, didn't even have to pull the car around the back, just did it in the parking lot. I love the casual atmosphere at the Tesla Service Centers...nothing like a traditional service center where you're filling this out and being shuffled from one person to another.

Nice! Very cool how they can do these things. Car looks sweet.