Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible to use Tesla Wall Charger to charge our CMax Energi as well?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We plan to have a Tesla 240v wall charger installed in our house and we also own a Ford CMax Energi. Does an adapter exist which would allow us to plug the CMax in when we're not charging the Model 3?
Info seems very scarce online so I haven't had any luck finding the reverse of the adapter we all got with our Model 3s.
Thanks in advance for any guidance!!
Erik in the Bay Area

Hpwc allows 48 Amp charging and is a more durable device. And, 14-50 plugs are not designed for repeated plug-in and plug-out (Will need to replace the outlet)... That being said, if neither matters, yeah get a plug and switch off evse's... Still recommend two plugs or a hpwc plus a plug

We plan to have a Tesla 240v wall charger installed in our house and we also own a Ford CMax Energi. Does an adapter exist which would allow us to plug the CMax in when we're not charging the Model 3?
Info seems very scarce online so I haven't had any luck finding the reverse of the adapter we all got with our Model 3s.
Thanks in advance for any guidance!!
Erik in the Bay Area

The other option is to install a regular J1772 EVSE and use Tesla’s adapter to charge the Tesla. That would probably be cheaper than buying a wall adapter and a J-adapter. Also, other companies make chargers with more features than Tesla does, including the ability to schedule charging and track energy usage.

Reactions: gaswalla
Does anyone have two HPWCs daisy-chained with one using the JDapter? Will the units still load share if it is not two Teslas?
Yes, this configuration works. Others have posted on TMC that they do that. One specific case I recall was a Model S and a Bolt EV. You can also buy a Wall Connector with the connector changed to J1772, sold by the same company that makes the JDapter.

• Helpful
Reactions: TT97