Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible upgrade for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this today for a good read.

Attachments

• D6238BB0-4492-46F1-8C5F-4803EC994308.jpeg
    D6238BB0-4492-46F1-8C5F-4803EC994308.jpeg
    885 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: Ogre
It will

Makes sense to switch over for both lines once Austin gets going.

Or the could also keep new components for MYP until app old stockpiles are depleted.
You’d just quoted the Texas part… so I was a little confused. You are probably right, most of this will probably come online in Fremont at the same time.

You’d just quoted the Texas part… so I was a little confused. You are probably right, most of this will probably come online in Fremont at the same time.
my bad, bad connection and phone acting weird. Accidentally inserted my comment as last line of your comment.

But yeah, my hope is all these changes start to roll out sooner than expected. Especially the Ryzen chip as it will make a big difference in usability 3-4 years out.

These won't make on to our shore till well into 2022 or even into early 2023. The Fremont and Austin factory will be too busy filling all the orders that are in the queue already. Plus, all these new features require re-tooling the machines as well as having the new parts ready for the line.

At this point, I'd be happy just having the software enhanced 360 degree view already. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
These won't make on to our shore till well into 2021 or even into early 2022. The Fremont and Austin factory will be too busy filling all the orders that are in the queue already. Plus, all these new features require re-tooling the machines as well as having the new parts ready for the line.

At this point, I'd be happy just having the software enhanced 360 degree view already. :rolleyes:
I don’t see how they would start Austin up with an out-of-date design. Seems likely they use the features as Berlin.

More and more seems like MY Performance out of Austin then they can offer the new features in the Performance and leave Fremont until they have time to update that line.

Reactions: rob968