Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

possibly 3 months to get a bumper!! is there some way to speed up this mess?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So long story short.. instead of pulling away from me at the light, the car in front (to my left) decided to reverse on an angle and took out the corner of my bumper.
Luckily no one was hurt, car is drivable, their insurance accepted full responsibility (possibly with he help of dashcam video).
The closest Tesla approved body shop looked at it today and said that its going to take months to get the parts in.

I can understand delays and everything, but months for a bumper replacement? I'm certainly glad it wasn't a more serious accident and I would have to leave my car at the shop for the whole winter...

Is there any way to speed up the process? Do some shops get parts earlier? Is there anyone to reach out to at Tesla?

I mean I know its a rare and unique car, but its not that rare these days.. but they did sell over 100k.. they have to have some parts out somewhere...

I waited 3 months for a quarter panel for my Model S. It's one of Tesla's biggest issues I think. It looks like they are trying to solve it based on things Elon has said, but yeah, it's a bummer. I took my car to a certified Tesla shop.

I waited 3 months for a quarter panel for my Model S. It's one of Tesla's biggest issues I think. It looks like they are trying to solve it based on things Elon has said, but yeah, it's a bummer. I took my car to a certified Tesla shop.

I really hope they can solve it soon.. I realize that I'm relatively lucky, but still.

By the end of this year there will be more Model 3s in the US than total model S variants.

So long story short.. instead of pulling away from me at the light, the car in front (to my left) decided to reverse on an angle and took out the corner of my bumper.
Luckily no one was hurt, car is drivable, their insurance accepted full responsibility (possibly with he help of dashcam video).
The closest Tesla approved body shop looked at it today and said that its going to take months to get the parts in.

I can understand delays and everything, but months for a bumper replacement? I'm certainly glad it wasn't a more serious accident and I would have to leave my car at the shop for the whole winter...

Is there any way to speed up the process? Do some shops get parts earlier? Is there anyone to reach out to at Tesla?

I mean I know its a rare and unique car, but its not that rare these days.. but they did sell over 100k.. they have to have some parts out somewhere...

check out 2:25 of this video. Much quicker turnaround.

Good news, bad news, good news...
I found a Tesla certified shop very close by.

Bad news, for some reason all of their shops in the area have one regional person that orders Tesla parts and he was on vacation. Its either Telsas system, or the complexity or the accounts or something (from the way the shop explained).

The parts were just ordered and should take about two weeks to come in, which is very good news.

Now I'm waiting and hoping that there are no delays or additional damage that they couldn't see.